Status
Not open for further replies.

gregpurcell

Greg Purcell
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Contact seller
I am still looking for a GOOD slant 6 automatic transmission in the South GA (Savannah) or upper Florida area. My wife has a 72 Scamp with a noisy trans and I'd like something that I can bolt in without fixing anything. (no leaks, no rebuilds, no filter). I need something that you KNOW to be good. (it sucks to have to change it twice)
Also, a flex plate would be nice because mine may be damaged.
I will be attending the MOB swap meet in Melborne, FL next week (Jan 18-19). If you could bring it there it would be great! I would also consider a running slant six parts car in the $300-$500 range if it were close enough to Savannah GA to pick up.
Please PM with what you have and how much you want for it.
Thanks in advance FABO members!
Greg

Ouch! I didn't pay $400 for the whole car!
lol

Lol, But you didn't get a new car either and this transmission is real new old stock so it fits your description on what you want. Personally I would never install a used transmission without pulling the pan, checking things out and changing the filter because I want to see what shavings is in the pan so I don't have to do change the transmission twice. I even do that on 40K trannys.

I had no idea of what you were looking at spending so I thought I would toss it out for your consideration.

Lol, But you didn't get a new car either and this transmission is real new old stock so it fits your description on what you want.

lol!
You guys are awesome, but perhaps you didn't understand WHAT I am looking for. I have an old clunker that my wife uses to go to the store and back. I keep it running on used parts from "parts cars" that I get for inventory. It actually started life as a "parts car" and it would still be worth more if I stripped it! (Eventually I may do just that)

Anyway, before I bought it, I scrapped at least three good 6 cyl trannies that I couldn't give away. Since then all my parts cars have been V8s or stick shifted slanties. I haven't seen a 6 cyl automatic parts car since! Go figure. I've actually thought about converting it to a v8!
:)

Two years ago I was working on a old truck and I posted a similiar ad here and a FABO member said he had one "sitting in his garage in the way" He offered to bring it to Carlisle for free, but I offered him $50 for gas. It was a great trans and the truck worked for years.

If someone GAVE me an NOS transmission, I wouldn't waste it on this car! I'd sell it! lol

The car is just not worth that much to me. I don't need to ship anything, I don't want to drive 200-400 miles to get something, (unless it's a whole car).

If I'm lucky, I'll get a trans local in Savannah (or near the Melborne Fl show) that somebody wants out of their way. Or perhaps a $500 slantie automatic junker that I can drive around the block and make sure it will do the job.

By the way, I really do appreciate all the offers and the time you are taking to search the local yards! You make me feel guilty for being so cheap!

I will find one eventually. I just like to put the ad out a week before the show just in case.
Thanks again!

Thanks for all your help! I scored a 67 Dart 4 door parts car for $350 with a REBUILT TRANSMISSION. Now I have to swap it out. I think I am going to need a newer flexplate (68 up slant six). Judging from the noise my 72 is making, the one in it is probably trashed and I THINK the 67 flexplate has a smaller register hole.

Greg, just use the flexplate that is in your wifes car, now. Then get the adapter bushing for the crank from me. This is not a big deal. Send me a PM.

The trans in the wife's car is making a horrible metal on metal "clanging" noise wich I assume will be a broken or oblong holed flexplate. I exchanged and email with Pat Baise who makes the adapter and he seemed to think that I will not be albe to use the 67 flexplate either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back