Neon srt-4 seats

-

fcm42000

Banned
Reaction score
I just wanted let you guys know this is an option for us. I picked up a set of these for 300 hundred bucks on craigslist. I think the look pretty good installed.

Heres how to do it with a factory bench seat car;

drivers side:

The forward out board hole on the seat bracket was bent to roughly a 130 degre angle, doesnt have to be precise.
Then I bolted the seat on through the forward outbard factory hole, so I could mark the back holes to be drilled. I drilled the holes and installed bolts. Now the hard part, the forward inboard bracket. You will have to make this out of 1x1 or 1.5x1.5 inch metal square stock, sorry can't remember what it is but it is cheap at home depot. Cut it about 2 inches long then cut 45 degrees off one of the ends. This is where the inboard forward seat bracket is going to slide into to be bolted on. You then weld this to a piece of sheet metal about 3x3 inches. You can bolt this to the floor or weld it, I would recomend welding it.
I know this is kind of vague and I will get you pictures soon, but once you get that forward outboard bolt in place it will be self explanitory. You will also need to re inforce the bolt holes on the floor pan with large washers or sheet metal welded on, I would recomend welding on some thick/ large washers underneath the car. Re-inforcing the floorpan is MANDATORY, you don't want to get into a wreck and have your seat rip off the floor.

The passenger side is just the same but mirrored.

Pictures to come soon,

Frank

Forgot to mention,

Once you get that first forward outboard bolt in and before you drill the holes for the back bolts, the seats need to be lined up with each other. they will pivot on that forward outboard bolt so sit in them make sure the driver and passanger seats are lined up before you drill the back holes.

Yes, definitely post some photos. I daily drive a 2004 SRT-4. They're a hard seat to get used to, but once you do, you won't want anything else.

Cant wait to see some pics.

I search Craigslist everyday looking for some nice bucket seats to replace my bench. But haven't found the right seat yet.

Finally got some pictures, pretty simple install, I would assume regular neon seats would fit the same way, but I do not know what they are like. I like the fit and feel of these srt4 seats, they really wrap around you, basically the same thing that goes in the viper except vipers have a hole in the neck area.

I wonder how the back seat would look with a seat out of a neon, that is something I will look into.

Oh, if it is not obvious, these are going to be recovered with a material that suits the car.

Attachments

• IMG_0299.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 578
  • IMG_0300.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_0301.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 513
Do you have any pix of the seats in the car? I picked up some Neon buckets to put in my car. Just trying to derive how to mount them LOL

j

Do you have any pix of the seats in the car? I picked up some Neon buckets to put in my car. Just trying to derive how to mount them LOL

j
don't know why the this thread was bumped from 8/11, but it's right up my alley, 4 neon buckets (non srt) with factory slides with modified feat, the outboard feat land in the bench seat holes and the inner feat land in the bucket holes

20160623_192008.jpg

20160623_192039.jpg

I knew I shoulda looked for those lol. I put 04 durango buckets in my 65. Used billet L brackets to bolt into the factory spots. Looks fantastic

$50 a seat, the rear bottoms were a lot of work due to the offset trans tunnel.

20140921_172850.jpg

20140924_200233.jpg

So how do people get in the back? Do those seats fold forward enough? Or do you not worry about it and the back seats are just for looks?

I slide them forward and flip the seat back forward, it's not the most convenient but is pretty accessible . I had even thought of looking for a 2 door to see how the seats work but the cars are scarce.

-
Back