never understood this

-

plumcrazy704406

Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Why does the human race threaten to do whatever on whatever. Is anybody running here to this seller with cash in hand so the seller does not crush it?

Veiled threats, I say, how big are the balls?? CRUSH IT!

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...-Pace-Car-W0QQAdIdZ452639966QQfeaturedAdZtrue

This is the real deal! Completely legit documented 1 of 50 cars built for this famous race. Car needs restoration but is complete matching numbers 318 auto. This is the firm price - bring cash now or I may just crush the it!! E-Mail or call 519-767-2676 but don't wait too long[/FONT]

Attachments

• crush.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 351
Hey Martin, I read that as well! You would have to have no brains to have that crushed! Some people say the most stupid things when advertising something for sale.I do hope someone grabs it up cheap and restores it!

So, he's asking $20,000 for a scrap car?

Might be a good idea to call him and offer $500, since that's a few hundred above scrap value. Means he'll still make money on it.

Bet if you called him and explained that to him, he wouldn't understand.

So, he's asking $20,000 for a scrap car?

Might be a good idea to call him and offer $500, since that's a few hundred above scrap value. Means he'll still make money on it.

Bet if you called him and explained that to him, he wouldn't understand.

Love it.

I'd also like to know the real story behind thin one. Either the guy is an idiot, or a spectacular business man know that some MoPar nut will give him his price fearing the car will be crushed.

I sincerely doubt it'll get crushed even if it doesn't sell.

Maybe, some kind of attention, but I don't know how constructive.
When making a statement about crushing (in this case) you truly de-value the item for sale in a normal, sane, prospective buyers mind.

Got to be at least a grand in parts there, somewhere, + the scrap $$ at the end of the day.

:D

House for sale,you buy it or I will burn it! LOL!
Better hurry, I have the gas ready to go.

Bad sales pitch I think.

Darryl

Perfect car for Barrett Jackson,...They cater to people with more money than brains...

When making a statement about crushing (in this case) you truly de-value the item for sale in a normal, sane, prospective buyers mind.

Reminds me when your at someones house and they offer you some food and say "go ahead,take it I was just going to throw it out anyways":wack:.So you are offering me garabge?

We had a member here last week threaten to throw a part in the scrap pile because he didn't get any response to his ad in the first 24 hours!?!? People will say the dumbest **** to get attention.

Got to be at least a grand in parts there, somewhere, + the scrap $$ at the end of the day.

Ive seen this car. Its been at a few of the Waterdown swap meets. I think the reference to crushing the car was just to stir up sh**. Because of the history its not a parts car in any condition if its a real pace car and if you're into that type of thing (and can afford it). Im not sure if these cars recieved a special FTag or somthing to distinguish them from a regular 318 ragtop. Come on Martin this car would look cool next to your six pack car. :lol:

'S far's I'm concerned threats like this are an admission that the item is not worth much to the seller, therefore I should be able to buy it for next to nothing.

I wonder how many people called his bluff and offered him scrap value?? Hell, I'd even toss in an extra $10 for his lunch!!

If I had the money, I would buy two, and crush one. That would make the value of the remaining one increase tremendously!

Ive seen this car. Its been at a few of the Waterdown swap meets. I think the reference to crushing the car was just to stir up sh**. Because of the history its not a parts car in any condition if its a real pace car and if you're into that type of thing (and can afford it). Im not sure if these cars recieved a special FTag or somthing to distinguish them from a regular 318 ragtop. Come on Martin this car would look cool next to your six pack car. :lol:
yeah, doesn't really look like a 'scrap car' to me.

That's too funny.

Quote "bring cash now or I may just crush the it!!" translates in to "Hey, give me money or I'll shoot myself in the foot".

I say go for it!

BUT

Please let us know so we can come and laugh at you as you throw away your $20,000.00
:sign5:

71 Challenger pace cars were done by the central Indiana Dodge dealers, so basically it was a standard order 71 Challenger with decals

Heard last year the one driven by Elden Palmer (owner of Palmer Dodge @ 38th & Keystone ) has been restored and possibly sold. He hit a photo stand and that was the last time the 500 allowed an untrained driver to pace the race. The celebs driving now get some seat time, but think they only pace the start parade laps.

The guy is not right, must have more money than brains to crush it. It is only worth what someone will pay. Too many cars rust to the ground because someone thinks it is worth gold and ends up being scrap.

LOL when i say im going to crush some thing . I will do it But in this cace hes full of hot air .

71 Challenger pace cars were done by the central Indiana Dodge dealers, so basically it was a standard order 71 Challenger with decals

Heard last year the one driven by Elden Palmer (owner of Palmer Dodge @ 38th & Keystone ) has been restored and possibly sold. He hit a photo stand and that was the last time the 500 allowed an untrained driver to pace the race. The celebs driving now get some seat time, but think they only pace the start part.

I heard that story,...was wondering if these were the pace cars that were involved...

-
Back