New 5-speed kits for A-bodies

-
ok i see what your talking about,, they are making there own bell housing for the small block, and it is just a bell housing,,,they dont mention any big block bell housing at all,,

they are selling a scatter shield for the big block,,if this is just a street car,with a little power,, a bell housing will be fine,,some drag strips will NOT let you race a stick shift car with a bell housing some require a scatter shield,,some times it depends on the rules of the drag strip or how fast your car is,,,

if you have no intrest in the scatter shield,,call them ask them if they have or if they are gong to make a bell housing for a big block for this set up,, if not ask them if they can modify your bell housing to accept the tremec,,

the other company doing this use to modify the bell housing if you wanted i think it was 75.00 to do it,,, hope this helps,,

Good to know, This is something that I may be considering doing next year. Gotta pay off the wedding first. Allmost there ;)

Phil

Hey Don I got the pictures from their website instructions for 67-76 a-bodies

http://www.classicmopar5speed.com/67-76-A-Body_install_notes.aspx

Maybe call them to see if they will sell the crossmember or hydraulic set-up separately. It looks like it really works well and could be used on our early a-bodies. BUT

From the pictures, the only problem I see is that it doesn't look like you can tuck the dual exhaust nearly as high up because of the lower tranny mounting bar. I know for sure that my 2.5" tti exhaust kit would not fit this setup. It would have to be modified or just taken to a muffler shop and have the passenger side piece custom bent if you are running the full tti exhaust pipes.

clip_image014_0000.jpg

This was my Keisler setup with lots of hacking

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

I'd love to see how their hydraulic setup works. It must be better than Keiser's.

I'd like to put one in the Sedan, but $3000 is just out of the question. To put that in perspective I could stroke the 318, use the Eddies, and buy all new 4 speed stuff for the same money (or close to it anyway).

Just can't wrap my mind around it....

dave,,i already e mailed tony at classic 5 speed,,dont be surprised if you dont se him on this site soon,, i told him the same thing,,looks like exhaust is going to be a problem,, he said there was a kit installed in tenn,,with 2 1/2 exhaust with no problem,, ide like to see a pic of that it has to be bent around that cross member,, it surely will not work with my headers,,

and as far as i can see,, there are no pics from above,, the upper hoop,,really doesnt do any thing, its attached to the lower cross member,, not attached to the upper side where the floor or upper factory hoop was cut out,, it may be but i dont see it in the pics ive seen,,he didnt answer me as to weather these parts are available seperatly,, im sure this kit is all to new,, for all the questions we have,,

im hoping tony from classic 5 speed comes over to this site,, i gave him the site name,,

Hey Don I got the pictures from their website instructions for 67-76 a-bodies

http://www.classicmopar5speed.com/67-76-A-Body_install_notes.aspx

Maybe call them to see if they will sell the crossmember or hydraulic set-up separately. It looks like it really works well and could be used on our early a-bodies. BUT

From the pictures, the only problem I see is that it doesn't look like you can tuck the dual exhaust nearly as high up because of the lower tranny mounting bar. I know for sure that my 2.5" tti exhaust kit would not fit this setup. It would have to be modified or just taken to a muffler shop and have the passenger side piece custom bent if you are running the full tti exhaust pipes.

clip_image014_0000.jpg

This was my Keisler setup with lots of hacking

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

I'd love to see how their hydraulic setup works. It must be better than Keiser's.

-
Back