New '66 Formula S Owner

-

mcmlvii

Reaction score
Hey all, I thought I'd kind of introduce myself. I bought a C-body 5 years ago and joined all the good forums (FABO, FBBO, FCBO, FEBO) at the time. I've always been a Mopar guy ('61 300-G, '65 B'cuda, '70 Sport Satellite, '70 RR) but was out of the game for 30 years before finally acquiring the C-body, a '66 Sport Fury 383/4-speed, in 2013. However, a month or so ago I bought my brother's 1966 Formula S, and have been working on getting it road-worthy. Some of you may recognize it.
20180727_113855.jpg

20180717_152816.jpg

Bro is a member here (66cuda-s) and for some inexplicable reason decided to part with his car. I couldn't resist the temptation. The one downside is that I now have to sell my '66 Sport Fury as there isn't room for both. Both cars have a lot in common: V-8 4bbl, 4-speed, 8-3/4, manual drum brakes and steering, so are extra fun to drive. The Barracuda is just a little *more* fun to drive...

The B'cuda needs some rear quarter and trunk lid rust repair so I'll be asking questions here at some point. For the most part though the car is quite nice.

Here's a photo of the Sport Fury for sale, in case any of you A-body guys don't know what they look like..... :) Yes, it's a factory 383-4v/4-speed.
20180607_122039a.jpg

Thanks

I've seen your Barracuda a few years ago when your brother came to my house to buy some parts. It's got a lot going for it. I like your 4 speed Fury too.

I've seen your Barracuda a few years ago...
Hey Commando66. My brother mentioned he drove the car to Gig Harbor to pick up some stuff, I presume from you. You happen to have any body parts, like a trunk lid or rear fender lip sheet metal?

Yes, that was a few years ago that he drove down to my house. I parted a 66 earlier this year. You're welcome to come by and see if you could use some parts.

Great looking Fish! I've been nibbling around a '65 Barracuda for about 8 years now, hoping the guy will finally decide to get rid of it, but at this point I ain't holding my breath! Oh! And I REALLY miss Poulsbo! I was stationed in Bremerton and Everett while in the Navy, and took my family on vacation to the PNW in 2014 to show them around. The day we visited Poulsbo, it just happened to be Viking Fest! We had an excellent time, and can't want to return!

-
Back