New '68 Barracuda Owner

-

JGC403

Reaction score
I am a proud new owner of a 1968 Barracuda that I just picked up today.

My current work in progress is a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 3" lift and 31" tires. The power plant in that is a stroked 360, about 403 c.i. Edelbrock heads, Hughes manifold and a couple of other go fast goodies. Best time with that was 14.020 sec.@ 97.16mph (the lift and big tires didn't help). I decided I was approaching the limits of my go fast goals in my Jeep so it was time for a muscle car.

The car is solid just a little rust inside the engine compartment below the cowl and a little on the rear quarter panels behind the rear tires. Other than that pretty solid. No engine or transmission, not a problem though have a 383 I've been saving and a 727. And some of the trim has some dings in it.

It does have the small wheel bolt pattern, so an upgrade there is needed. Along with a Mopar 8.75 axle to handle the power that I am planning for my 383.

1968Barracudaproject007.jpg

1968Barracudaproject003.jpg

1968Barracudaproject005.jpg

Very nice, looks like you have a super solid foundation to start with!! take a look in the for sale section, there is some 68 trunk trim for sale.

welcome to the site. very very nice clean car! couldnt ask for a better platform to start with!

Welcome to this great site, I can't wait to see your restoration thread when you get started, We have some of the best of the best tec's and folks here to help you along and they are fast at doing there job here.
Pull up a chair and enjoy

Welcome aboard! Good to see another 2nd gen Barracuda owner on board. Keep us posted on your project with lots and lots of pics.

Welcome to FABO from SoCal! You're going to have fun here.

I've seen that car somewhere before....

LoL

Im glad you joined Chris because there is a lot of good info on here to get that fish up and going.

Ohhhh, you lucky dawg...what a nice project car for sure.

God luck with that and I love the Jeep....I want a cherokee sport 4x4 to play with.

Thanks for the Welcomes. I will post more pictures as I build the car. Won't be working on it till I move back to PA in a couple of months. I plan to take this thing apart as much as possible and doing a proper rebuild. Would like to get the car on a rotisserie, to media blast it and for paint.

Cool car!!

Seems you bought it through FABO?

Looks a little different in these old pictures: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=116220

I actually found it on moparts.com, same guy though.

-
Back