New Barracuda in the stable!

-

340 Dart

I don't know ****.
Reaction score
I just picked up a 65 Barracuda from a friend of mine. I tried to buy this car a few years ago but it fell through, so I am really excited to get it!
It has a new 225 slant, new tranny, 8 1/4 rear with 3.53 gears and the brake disk conversion has been done. I am not sure what he has done to the engine, but he says it pulls just as hard as the 318 that was in my Duster.

I take delivery tomorrow night. He is going to drive it over and I am goin to drive him back home in it.

I will get you guys some pics when I get some.:blob:

Man, why do I have to be stuck at work!?

Cool. I have a /6 in my '65 barracuda right now. It actually is not a slug. But I'm going to put a 360/904 I have in the garage into it eventually. I cannot wait to see some pictures.

That's great news. Get some pics of the event as it unfolds, so you can remember the moment. I still remember counting out 7 $100 bills for a 64 Fury and the lady explaining to her 5 yr old who Ben Franklin was. April 16 will be an exciting day!!

Hey Jim
That's cool will you be bringing it to the swap meet?
I don't Know.
Maybe if I can get the wife to drive it or drive the truck. Probably not though because we actually like each other and will probably drive up together. :love7:

I havn't seen it in a couple of months, but I believe it is the same color as yours Goldfish65. So if you want a sneak peep check out his Avatar.

Those early barracudas seem to be gaining in popularity .
Can't wait to see some pics congrats !:blob:

Sounds nice 340,do you think you,ll drop an 8 into it?The last 1/2 hour at work tonight,I was reading the May issue of Mopar Muscle.Guess what,s on the cover?A red 65 Barracuda with white stripe and a 360!Nice!Congrats on your new ride!

i got me one too! last year-no motor no train from texas! now has 360/904/dana60/4.10! gota love em! we want pictures!

Here are a couple of pics.
There is one of me and my wife (Tammy13) also.

Cuda1.jpg

Cuda2.jpg

Cuda3.jpg

Cuda4.jpg

Cuda6.jpg

Cuda7.jpg

Here are some specs:

Block has been decked .100
Head has been shaved .040, fully ported with 1.77/1.44 valves
Ported valve reliefs
Erson cam with 270 Duration (RV15m) I havn't looked up lift yet.
Bored .030
Pistons are .040 in the hole.
It is a 74 block with less than 500 miles on it since the work has been done.
2bbl Holly 350
It has a GM HEI.
Boss Hogg 3300 stall Torque Converter.
Fiber glass fenders and hood
11.75" Discs from a 85 Diplomat on the front.
LBP 8 1/4 rear with 3.53 gears
Front end has been rebuilt with poly bushings
It has an Electric fan controlled by a thermostat
Solid lifters with the lash set at .022

She is a little rough around the edges. But mechanically she is outstanding. This thing does pull as hard as the 318 I had in the Duster.
I am really shocked and pleasantly surprised.

Car looks good!You and your wife look happy to have another Mopar.It looks like a really solid base to start or just drive and enjoy!I can,t resist..In your spec. list?Heads??I believe a slant only has 1 HEAD!!LOL!I had to mention.:cheers:

Cool car ! Took Me a minute to figure it out but those are ford ranger wheels correct ?
I got them off a Bronco about 4 years ago and had them on my old Dart just to get some quick and easy 15's on it. I traded them to this guy a couple of years ago for something, I don't remember what. Looks like I got them back.:-D

Thanks for pointing that out Scott. I fixed it. I am just not used to only having one head. The 66 Dart still has the slant in it, but it sits beside the house behind the fence and I never see it.

The slant will stay until I get the Dart done. Hell, it's just barely broken in.
This thing is giving up nothing to a stock 318.

I got them off a Bronco about 4 years ago and had them on my old Dart just to get some quick and easy 15's on it. I traded them to this guy a couple of years ago for something, I don't remember what. Looks like I got them back.:-D
Here they are on my dart the 1st time I owned them. :-D

Dart on trailer.jpg

Yes Yes Yes that is a fine looking 65 and the wheels set it off very nicely. The pics show that car has a good vibe about it. You already love it by the smiles on your faces, get ready because people will approach you constantly. Mine's named Goldie (I went for the obvious,lol) didn't look near as good as yours. THANKS for showing your prize!

-
Back