New Barracuda.... New Member!

-
Here is a picture of the engine compartment.

View attachment IMG_4045.jpg

I'm very happy with the engine install. It almost looks like it came from the factory this way. I beleive it was originally a 318 car.

It's got the hemi torsion bars and the big K member as well as beefer springs in the back. In addition it has a thick swaybar. I can't believe how well it handles. The front discs work great too.

I'm so happy with this car, I just can't keep from smiling!

welcome aboard , beautiful , beautiful car.

Welcome! You have the exact shifter that I am looking to put in my 68 Dart. How do you find the position of the shifter with the bench seat and also how tall is the platform the shifter is on?

Welcome! You have the exact shifter that I am looking to put in my 68 Dart. How do you find the position of the shifter with the bench seat and also how tall is the platform the shifter is on?

Finding the position of the shifter is strictly by feel. It's easy to put into drive. First and Second gears are easy to find too. It's a bit of a chore to get it into reverse and park since it requires two hands. Kind of a hassel when you are trying "austin power" it into a tight spot.

I'm still on the fence with this shifter. I know my wife will not drive the car because of it. Not sure if that is good or bad.... hmm... I've already toyed with the thought of putting it back to stock on the column if I could locate all the parts.

Currently the cuda is in the body shop getting a couple minor blemishes taken care of. When it get it back next week I'll get you some dimensions of the platform.

Here are some close up pictures that the previous owner took while he was installing it.

Attachments

• P1010113.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 409
  • P1010128.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 404
  • P1010131.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 405
Thanks for the reply! I like the look of the platform for the shifter. I want to get rid of the shifter on the column as I have a manual valve body with a reverse shift pattern which is a pain with coloum shift! I also have bucket seats but am not sure if I want to put them in as well.

Thanks for the reply! I like the look of the platform for the shifter. I want to get rid of the shifter on the column as I have a manual valve body with a reverse shift pattern which is a pain with coloum shift! I also have bucket seats but am not sure if I want to put them in as well.

I just sent you a PM about the shifter....

Looks like you could bust a knuckle opening the ash tray. The '68 is my all-time favorite year! I love the round side markers and lower wrap-around dash.

Mike

Welcome! Great looking fish! Check out the NorCal Mopars forum -- there are lots of Bay Area members. Come spring we will probably organize some sort of ride.

That is a really nice fish! Interior is too pretty to put the shift back on the column. Get a console for it if you want to revert to stock looking shifter.

Welcome to FABO.

Welcome! Nice 'fish, maybe we'll see you at the Pacific Dream Machine Show this year in Half Moon Bay!

-
Back