New barracuda ?

-

couper 340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So i hear that Chrysler will be building a Barracuda SRT. What this sounds like is a fiat with no V8 ENGINE. I hate to see an icon name used on a car that will most likely be nothing like the barracuda of the past. I am afraid that fiat wont stop untill they ruin every performance car name that Chrysler corp
has made. I hope i am wrong about this . How do you guys feel about this?

I certainly hope they don't but look what happened to the dart

If it ain`t a V8, it better be boosted.
So, what`s it gonna look like?

Attachments

• phantomex-2014-barracuda.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 705
  • green-cuda-car.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 737
  • 2014-Dodge-SRT-Barracuda-Pic.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,271
Doe,s it matter?Surely any Barracuda wether its in todays standard,woud b e..Cool.Sound effects come in now.Bwabwap....:D

Mr Norm was converting Challengers into AAR Cuda's a few years back but I haven't seen anything since

Pontiac did it too, remember the GTO and how they turned it into a soap bar econo looking car that screamed ricer? I actually like the new camaro and challengers exterior-wise... but I seriously HATE the interiors and all the excess plastic they jam into the engine bay and the fact engine bays nowadays are so cluster @$%^'d with it and tightly packed to the point of a simple job requires 4 additional hours of removing plastic, hoses, wires, bolts just to gain access to what you're trying to fix.

My understanding is that the new Barracuda is a pretty sure thing. What is not a sure thing is the final product. I am hoping since they came through on the new Viper, maybe they will surprise us with the Barracuda. A Barracuda without a V8 is like having a gun that only shoots blanks.

im interested,although not interested in the name dodge cuda,but it is what it is,as we all like to live in the past but must move forward to the future,just not interested in 4 doors or 4-6 bangers,give the cuda muscle that the name stood for back in the day

Ive been watching this rumor since it kicked into high gear a couple years ago.

Its not suppose to be the dodge cuda or a chrysler cuda.... Its been said that it will be branded as an SRT model. And would be badged as a "Barracuda". Which I find odd because when I think of iconic mopar muscle related to the cuda...I think " CUDA ". Not to say the Barracudas arent also nice....just saying.

So being that its said to be badged as the "Barracuda" make me believe it will tend to pick up style cues from the earlier models rather than the 70's model.

Id love to see a nice throw back design with the modern luxuries and performance (a Hemi would be icing on the cake ).

Ive been anxiously waiting for them to reveal it (not that I could ever afford it ) but because I have been hoping they would take their time and do it right the first time around and do justice to the mopar name.

There was actually an interview with a head hancho at chrysler and in the news video there was a car in the background that has never been seen before. its speculated that it was infact the new "barracuda" concept. but was never confirmed. but there has also been alot of concept art pictures that spun off of what could be seen in that news footage. some of which actually looks pretty promising.

anyhow, sorry to rambel lol. Here are some pictures I found. Some barracuda style, some cuda style, some of the news footage (one of the actual footage and one photoshopped with the section of a challenger to give a better idea. it appears to either have a black or glass roof, real slim lined mirrors,either a low profile spoiler that shapes to the body or tail lights that kind of round up into the trunk area). And also a couple pictures of an actual car that was built as an inspiring concept which I think looks great....would be a great looking version of a new cuda. but I doubt they would build one that shares so much style with a challenger. Then again I heard that the challenger was going to be discontinued in 2014 or 2015 at which point the new barracuda would take its place....all hear say of course....but...food for thought.

Attachments

• dodge-challenger-barracuda-concept-motorauthority-003_100217807_m.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,146
  • Barracuda1_2_1.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 600
  • chrysler-60-minutes-628.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 579
  • barracuda-rear-render.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 2,736
  • srt-barracuda-artists-rendering-inline-2-photo-475008-s-original.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1,160
  • 2008-cuda-concept-rafael-reston-back-black.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 660
  • dodge-challenger-barracuda-concept-motorauthority-006_100217810_m.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 2,886
If it looks anything like the orange or red one up above I'd buy one... I think the red one that resembles a 67-69 fastback is bad *** hope they make it good

If it looks anything like the orange or red one up above I'd buy one... I think the red one that resembles a 67-69 fastback is bad *** hope they make it good
if it`s like the black,red, or orange one, and got a 6.4 hemi or bigger, sign me up. I should be done w/ the 68 by then.:burnout:

Pontiac did it too, remember the GTO and how they turned it into a soap bar econo looking car that screamed ricer? I actually like the new camaro and challengers exterior-wise... but I seriously HATE the interiors and all the excess plastic they jam into the engine bay and the fact engine bays nowadays are so cluster @$%^'d with it and tightly packed to the point of a simple job requires 4 additional hours of removing plastic, hoses, wires, bolts just to gain access to what you're trying to fix.

You forget that resetting the tension on 3 to 5 drive belts went away.
I don't find the new stuff more difficult, just different.

With Chrysler's stupidity it'll be a 4 door.

I think we are going to see the end of the "DODGE" nameplate.
The Barracuda will be the Challenger's replacement.
The good news is, It will be able to run with the Camero & the Mustang Performance wise.
It will be lighter than the Callenger & offered with 500+ horse power, SuperCharged 6.2 HEMI.
I'm sure the base model will include a Pentastar V-6.
Dodge name going away, from what I have read, the Avenger, Caravan, Challenger are going away.
what remains, will be badged as Chrysler & the trucks have already moved on to become "RAM".
I for one ,do not want to see the end of DODGE.
When the trucks were changed to RAM, I thought they were going to sale off that division.
The good thing is, it has been very profitable for Chrysler.
Someone mentioned that Chrysler had abandon us, I don't think so.
This company has been bought & raped three different times & survived.
The product line is probably the best they have ever offered.
There is still performance in this company, but they are taking steps for the future.

Soo...many...rumors.

Nobody knows anything. Even Gilles' previous statements are probably obsolete now since it sounds like things have been in flux on the topic.

The only (mostly) concrete information we have on upcomming Chrysler high performance offerings is that the development for the "Hellcat" 6.2L supercharged motor is well under way.

Challenger may or may not be refreshed
Challenger may or may not be replaced with a new model
SRT Barracuda may or may not be produced, may or may not replace Challenger

Challenger will get a refresh along with the new refresh Charger, the LX platform will finally be killed off and replaced by the LA platform. The hellcat Hemi will be a performance high end model. Time frame is the only thing that's screwy, 2014 we should see a refresh of the challe and charger followed by the all new cars on the LA platforms in 2015, with the barracuda/cuda SRT err a dodge at some point.

Not to mention the 2013 V10 concept Charger juice was out cruising around Fort street Michigan with Manufacture plates on it.

Challenger will get a refresh along with the new refresh Charger, the LX platform will finally be killed off and replaced by the LA platform. The hellcat Hemi will be a performance high end model. Time frame is the only thing that's screwy, 2014 we should see a refresh of the challe and charger followed by the all new cars on the LA platforms in 2015, with the barracuda/cuda SRT err a dodge at some point.

Not to mention the 2013 V10 concept Charger juice was out cruising around Fort street Michigan with Manufacture plates on it.

I have heard these rumors too... but have these been confirmed? I don't believe so... but I could be wrong.

What's the Charger Juice concept? :p

i think we are going to see the end of the "dodge" nameplate.
The barracuda will be the challenger's replacement.
The good news is, it will be able to run with the camero & the mustang performance wise.
It will be lighter than the callenger & offered with 500+ horse power, supercharged 6.2 hemi.
I'm sure the base model will include a pentastar v-6.
Dodge name going away, from what i have read, the avenger, caravan, challenger are going away.
What remains, will be badged as chrysler & the trucks have already moved on to become "ram".
I for one ,do not want to see the end of dodge.
When the trucks were changed to ram, i thought they were going to sale off that division.
The good thing is, it has been very profitable for chrysler.
Someone mentioned that chrysler had abandon us, i don't think so.
This company has been bought & raped three different times & survived.
The product line is probably the best they have ever offered.
There is still performance in this company, but they are taking steps for the future.

mike i hope your wright .

well my 69 wasn't either . my point was that MOST barracuda's were released with a slant 6 . congrats on your V/8 68 .
I don't know production numbers. "Most" could mean 99% or 50.1 %
Of the six 67-8 B'cudas I've owned only two of the 67s were slant 6 cars.
All three 68s were 318 builds. No fatbacks in these either.

-
Back