New Best time for my 318!

-
Hey Cory!

very impressive times. Did you buy the converter from Peter? Or did you get a new one?

Regarding the front end: i pushed mine up and down, it´s really loose without binding, and it´s got a lot of travel - think this is the way it should be, slant six bars are still there and will stay. Maybe you can unbolt the shocks and move it around, if it´s better then you know what´s the problem.

finished the new engine few minutes ago...now it´s completely red like all ´68 318s.....:glasses7::glasses7::glasses7:

Michael

Thanks guys for the quick responses! At the moment I am wondering what bushings to use to rebuild my front end. My best MPH this time out was 102 so I am hoping that was due to the altitude. I will be getting a 750 DP so that I can tune it alot easier, since I have no parts for the Thermoquad anymore. Thanks for all the tips, BTW I don't have a sway bar or /6 bars. I will post more videos probably tomarrow night.

Nice looking '68 and quite a cool 318 you have in there, congrats on the quick times. Really cool videos too.

What's up with that supra missing the green light (@ 3:30)? It basically sat there for maybe 2.5 seconds, but still managed a 10.36? That doesn't sound right, but the car did take off like a mother, especially near the end of the run.

Maybe it was still spooling up the turbo's?

Michel, thats awesome I can't wait to hear it run! You still going to need a rocker arm spacer? I will start measuring and checking out the suspension next week to see what I need to do.

Hi Cory,

yes i still need these rocker arm spacer kits, think two of them. We should talk again before your holiday - i will call you!

Michael

Nice looking '68 and quite a cool 318 you have in there, congrats on the quick times. Really cool videos too.

What's up with that supra missing the green light (@ 3:30)? It basically sat there for maybe 2.5 seconds, but still managed a 10.36? That doesn't sound right, but the car did take off like a mother, especially near the end of the run.

Yeah, he's spooling up the turbos. Reaction time has absolutely nothing to do with E.T. so its quite common to see this sort of thing at RWYB events. It is quite amusing to see the quicker ones catch the racing bug and switch to actual class racing. It takes quite a few runs for them to work out when to get on the gas. They're also quite keen on staging first!

I am still wondering what I should do with my front suspension. I have heard that stock replacement bushings and joints are the loosest. How do the polygraphite and polyuerethane fair? What would you guys recommend? I am planning on getting some /6 bars when I am in CA in November.

Here are some video's of the weekend.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv8gPc0w6TY"]bitburg oct 2011 kingofthehill cory over leroy - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUD-Wbx5Jmo&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]bitburg oct 2011 kingofthehill compilation / cory's last run - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c51lPt_hbkg&feature=autoplay&list=ULAUD-Wbx5Jmo&lf=mfu_in_order&playnext=1"]bitburg oct 2011 kingofthehill cory's 68 Dart - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmjGphfk3co&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]bitburg oct 2011 kingofthehill compilation - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry about the commentary, but he is just getting into it, but he is learning fast.

I am still wondering what I should do with my front suspension. I have heard that stock replacement bushings and joints are the loosest. How do the polygraphite and polyuerethane fair? What would you guys recommend? I am planning on getting some /6 bars when I am in CA in November.

My humble $.02 mean318...
Polygraphite, Polyuerethane, Swaybar, Heim Link, ---
Flash in the pan stuff at Your power level...(absolutely no lack of respect
intended or implied).

Put 'cheepo' polystyrene (read factory fake rubber bushings) in the build.

The bushings are a ' wear item' --- " 10 runs & done".
Here's where I am going with this...

Install the cheepo bushings, leave the fasteners loose , 'estimate' the
horizontal centerline drop of the build at the 3/4 track point.then snug -en down.

Suspension pre-load --- We used to say, " horizontal centerline of the track closest to horizontal centerline of suspension =win...

Apologies mean318 for the old racers bla...bla...

@Michel, From what I could tell through the makeshift hood scoop it has a big block.

@mech1nxh, Hey thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for! I am trying to get out what I can with this motor.

Now to clarify... I should install the suspension and leave it loose then raise the LCA's to where I think the suspension will be at 3/4 track and then tighten everything down?

Lately my reasoning is that guys were running some awesome times without cal trac bars, and other expensive suspension mods!

New personal best out of my 318 again and it finally got into the twelves! Got to the track and found out the secondary throttle plate shaft had way too much play! Then I changed back to the Thermoquad and fired her up and I still had a bad miss at mid throttle around 2500-4000 rpm. Then I put the chrome Mopar box back on. First run out I got a new personal best with a 13.06 then I went a 13.04 and on the third run I finally ran my first 12 with a 12.94. The rest of the day it was running around 13.14 to 13.18 so it was very consistent. The next day I ran a 13.19 and was kind of disappointed so I decided to move the plug gap out to .050 and WOW that woke that little thing up! 12.90 @ 106 mph! came back around and ran a 12.97 so twelves were not lucky.
The best part about it was how everybody there was happy and they all knew how hard I was working with my teen to get there. I mean even the guys that run 8's and 9's were all sorts of happy for me. It was a good feeling.

Excellent. Nice work and way to stay with it.

It's got a bunch more ET in it with those MPH numbers

Here are a couple of videos:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULADVC9W_Zg&feature=plcp"]1968 Dodge Dart 12.94@ 168 kmh.MTS Fuel Games Part III Rothenburg GE. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjjc840tsEI&feature=plcp"]Street Eliminator Round 2 Fuel Games part III Rothenburg GE - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks again FABO!

Here is a awesome video from a friend of mine of Hockenheim public race days and Street Eliminator Germany final race.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJqmooasRm0&feature=share"]1/4 Mile Public Race Days Hockenheim 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Too bad the track wasn't so good this year but I had a blast and ended up in 6th place in street eliminator, which I am pretty happy about.

One thing I have noticed is real car guys and racers will cheer you on to what ever victory and achievement your working on. Fast or slow, I think we all have been slow and as fast as one guy has gone, well, there is always somebody faster.

I giuve you a long distance pat on the back! Nice job, keep it up.

You worked it,got it!I feel weird saying this,I am glad the imported car won!

hanks ,I enjoyed that! The camera work was a bit shaky and I almost lost my lunch but oh well..

-
Back