New Carb 318

-

71318Swinger

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I have a bone stock 318 that has been having carberation issues with the stock carb thats on there did a rebuild to find out the people who had it before me fucked it over so im going to replace and figggured i would put a 4bbl on it so im going to replace the intake and all but what i need to know is what size i should put on it..? i was thinking a 600 cfm but not sure.. any input would be great !

A 600 cfm (Holley, Carter/Edelbrock AFB or AVS, your choice.) is about perfect for the 318. I have used that CFM sized carb a few times before. You could use a smaller one @ 500 cfm, (Carter /Edelbrock AFB or AVS) but I found myself in the secondary side a bit much. Excellent on cruise! Super resopnsive throttle. But I like the 600 better. Feels better with less pedal effort.

yep. i like the holley 600 spreadbore I had on my 318 ran like a dream nice and smooth, and very responsive...got decent milage too. :)

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-M08600VS/

i'm a holley guy but i'd almost go with one of these on a stockish setup...they are a holley 4175 base..summit bought the dies to punch them out themselves, and you can't beat the price...i hear good things about them too.

Incorrect, there based off the Holley 4010 series carb. The 4011 was the spread bore version.
I had a 4011, 650 spreadbore version. Not bad, not great, but not bad. That Summit carb would be good to use. Currently on sale at Summit racing for IIRC, under $240 Excellent deal IMO.

I used an eddie 630 cfm thunder series. They are great as the air door works like a tq,so overcarbing is impossible really. The jets are real easy to change out,and the carb itself is well made. In fact some rochester carbs are about 600 cfm and would work real good too!

I still thinkt he tq is one of the best designed carbs ever. Unfortunately parts are not easy to get.

You can use any spreadbore intake.

The Edelbrock Performer would be best suited for this chore on a stock engine.

The Weiand Action Plus would be an excellent choice for a heavier breating small block.

A MoPar M1 (Or like intake such as a Holley Strip Dominator, Offenhauser Port-o-sonic, etc....) Is very good for a very aggresive engine.

I'm running a 625 cfm AFB & a Performer on a 318 with 302 heads in the Demon. Throttle response is good, haven't done any fuel mileage determination yet.

Hey Guys, I have a bone stock 318 that has been having carberation issues with the stock carb thats on there did a rebuild to find out the people who had it before me fucked it over so im going to replace and figggured i would put a 4bbl on it so im going to replace the intake and all but what i need to know is what size i should put on it..? i was thinking a 600 cfm but not sure.. any input would be great !

Edelbrock 600 with an Edelbrock Performer intake.
Works very well with the teen,and will be the easiest carb to hook up your stock linkage.

-
Back