New carburetor!

-
Street Demon, never had one but would look at them and there tec line, I wish they made a nice 400 cfm. Looks nice and shorter

"why" would be MY question.

Edelbrocks are not good or versatile enough?

Looks shiny and clean though....still couldnt see paying Demon Prices.

It's (In my eyes) a combination of the AVS and a TQ. Make'em bigger and I'll consider looking into one.

I'm in the middle of modifying my AFB to have secondaries like that right now. Some chit huh?

Did anybody here know that you can bore out the phenolic (SP?) resin of a TQ larger? Just thought you would like to know......

YES! I got the idea to try it myself when I seen the old NASCAR 3 barrel Holley and Carter carbs. Being that the TQ is plastic, I gave it a shot as well. Primary side since there is a ton of meat to play with. I have not gotten to the secondary side yet.

why not just use 2 of them for best power like with Carter-Edelbrock carbs

they need a 500 cfm carb, imo before a 750. Those Carter Edelbrock carbs don't like big venturis--something in how the booster is design, works better with smaller ventures

It's (In my eyes) a combination of the AVS and a TQ. Make'em bigger and I'll consider looking into one.

I'm in the middle of modifying my AFB to have secondaries like that right now. Some chit huh?

Did you try just removing the secondary air door all together ? Its surprising how there is no bog without an accel pump in the back.

Least on my dual quad I got rid off the front carb air door and lighten up the rear carb door quite a bit. No bog and hits harder then any 750 Holley carb I used

Guys used to remove the air door on single carb set ups all the time. If the motor has a high stall converter and loose gears, should work just fine. You can move the accel pump rod to another hole to give a longer shot of fuel if need be

No, but the carb application must be small for the engine in order to do that. An excellent example of this is the OE AFB on the 440 in like 1967. Those AFB carbs had no secondary air door. They were rated at 600 cfm on top of the 440's.

A current 600 AFB from Edelbrock minus the air door on a 318/360 would, IMO, without actually knowing, be a bad thing.

It is also possible to add a second accel pump to the secondary side of the Edelbrock AFB carb.

Yes... working on it....awaiting a warmer day to go back to work on it. I'm not so fond of a cold garage.

...and I'm doin a 318 buildup right now.. hmmmmm

-
Back