New Challenger vs Original

-
I own a # match 70 Cuda and a SRT I can tell you the SRT is the best car you have will have ever driven. And they look sharp too as far as a new car goes. Dodge did a very good retro job with the limitations from the governement for new safety stadards bumpers no chrome etc right.

The brakes and handling are world class and my 6 speed pulls 4.4 0-60 and i have been up to 152 in 5th and there is still 6th and a best of 12.84 in the 1/4. Not bad for a 4070 lb car.

It is a little bigger than the old car and the weight is all the safety crap etc.

But the IRS and struts etc make for a great driving car.

The new SRT gets a 392 and we have dynoed it at 420 HP stock at the tires. That is pretty darn good and that was the Auto trans car. it gets 70 more ft lbs tq from 2500-4500 rpms over the 6.1 and they added MDS which is a + and a -. ++ is better MPG.

I would get the SRT if I was you and like others said, do NOT look at the SRT as an investment. Myself I can not live that long :)

But the 70 is an investment if it is a # match car good shape etc.

I live in WY and winter is long cold, icy. My wife even has a SE G packaged car, has great giddy up for a 280 hp V6, new V^ is even better in 2011 but he 2010s are 5 speed cars. Anyway great driving car 28+ mpg and does very whell for rear wheel drive in the ice and snow. Even the handling is awesome for the base car.

PS wish you could own both!:)

i dont know you but i think i hate you LOL

no no truthfully tho im so jealous beautifull cars and what a house beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (please dont tell me this is you cottage LOL!)

p.s if you lady is as nice as your cars you trully are a very lucky man lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts340
Actually the whole comparison between the two (new vs. old) is ridiculous. There is no comparison, either way, other than a slight resemblance. You have to choose what type of car you want. I have always liked the 70/71 Challenger the best, especially the 71 but having owned a few E-bodies I know they need a lot of work to be fast or to handle and not squeak you crazy. I really don't like the Challenger after 72 but I wouldn't kick one out of the garage. I always preferred my A-bodies.
If you really want that old car, get it. I would also recommend that you pick up a Charger R/T as a modern daily driver/fun car. There are a ton of mods you can do, they are cheaper than a Challenger and you can beat them silly. The only down side is that they are all automatic.

"they make a 6 speed r/t"

They don't make a Charger R/T with a 6 speed. That's what I was talking about. ^^^^^^^

-
Back