New Cuda makeover

-
Love the red!

Barracuda's are one of the cars that started that whole wrap around tailight look.

The modern Mopar/Fiat whatever LED blind you in the eyes look!

Nice catch. It looks great in original condition.

I did this ....I like the look.Makes it kind of look like one big tail light.I don't have the upper trim on yet,I have a better on coming.

Wasn't that red finish between the tail light s a factory option? Except I think the factory red was a decal or maybe some sort of material put in there.

I got the rest of the trunk trim on.Pulled the cracked windshield.The windshield channel is in great shape.Also I repainted the top of the dash,cleaned the steering wheel and dash.Installed new black carpet up front.I still have to install the rest of the carpet kit.
The 1/4 windows were froze up when I got the car.Alot of work but I got the drivers side working good now,but I ended up scuffing the glass.I do have replacement glass on the way.I found the passenger side window regulator was bent.I think the previous owner tried to force the window up and downand bent the regulator.I did find a replacement regulator just haven't replaced it yet.
Next is a new headliner and I am going to replace it myself.I am not removing the rear glass so it will be no fun at the rear window.

Attachments

• bara carpet 005.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 443
  • bara carpet 006.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 403
  • tail 003.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 374
  • tail 001.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 404
  • tail 002.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 415
Great canvas to start with. Should be awesome nice when its done. Love that 68 Fastback. That color is JJ1 gold. Had a 68 RR that color.

I also hand polished all the exterior trim on the car except for the grille.The trim all cleaned up pretty nice no pitting,you won't find that on a Illinois car.
I got all the side markers working.Now everything electrical works except maybe the fuel gauge.I am holding of on pulling the engine until I get the interior back together.I don't want to pull the car to far apart at once...LOL

Currently licking my chops over that super clean metal!! Man is that puppy fresh!! This car is certainly your forever car Jim, glad you found it!! Keep up the good work! Geof

Ok doing things a little out of order from my original plan.I originally planned dropping in the new engine.Then just cleaning the inteior the best I could and maybe some new carpet.But I am pretty much restoring most of the interior except the dash.So far I have painted the top of the dash and have most of the carpet in.I still have to carpet the cargo side panels and the rear seat back.While I have the rear seat apart I may as well put on a new seat cover.My original plan was deluxe interior.But since the door panels are nice and I am on a budget I am just going dye them black.So i am keeping it with the standard interior,but changing it all to black.I have a rear seat cover on the way and a headliner to install yet.I also put carpet in the trunk,looks much better.Been sick all week so progress is slow.

Attachments

• cargo carpet 001.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 294
  • cargo carpet 002.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 303
  • cargo carpet 003.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 272
  • carpet 001.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 290
Looks great. My first car in high school was a 69 fastback in the same color that I bought from the original "little old lady" owner. The body was in rougher shape due to the NJ winters it had endured, but we got it fixed up and shot the car white. Shoulda never sold that car.....

-
Back