New dash pads.......

-

eds70dart

Reaction score
I've been on this site a while reading different topics and learning a lot of stuff from you experts in tearing my car apart and replacing a few things that are better than original. But I don't see a lot of talk on replacing dash pads or information on what choices to make on them. I'm looking at 'Just Dashes' to replace mine on my 1970 Dart Swinger, as my dash pad has had the years of fadding and cracking. Has anyone used these guys or is there anyone else that can do a nice job. I'm having mine car totally restored, so the dash is out and will be repainted, the bezel sent out for rechroming and all the little things that go with it redone. So of course the dash pad has to look good also. can anyone help out this old guy. Thanks

Just Dashes does very nice work but they'll knock your socks off with cost quote.
If I paid that much for a dash cap restore I'd install one of those hard shell covers to protect my investment sooo... my mind says WAIT ! Why not just install the cover over the unrestored cap ? Those covers are like 60 bucks, look great, and last forever.
Someone will probably respond to my post with fit issues in different models but the ones for 67 up a-bodies fit very good.

I have read great things on high quality work from them, but they are expensive. The other thing that can be done is a dash cap. Theres different levels of quality caps out there as well.

I used on of the dash caps from harden's Muscle car world on my Duster...it fit really well. Just make sure you have it flat and all taped or weighted down across the pad when the adhesive is drying.

He says he's having the car totally restored. After taking the time to pull the whole dash from the car and sending the other parts out for restoration, I really doubt he's going to want to jam a cap on the pad and call that good enough. I would imagine that after the resto, the car will spend most of its time inside, so a restored dash pad will last for a really long time.

Just Dashes does good work. I think he wanted to know about that, and if anyone knew of anyone else that restores or sells new dash pads, which I see ramcharger provided.

Very good point Tom.....Just Dashes is the only way to go then. Or try and find an NOS or good used one.

There is an injection moulded urethane one available which is a step up from a cap but I wasn't satisfied enough with the quality. Year One sells them and they're less than a resto. I had mine "restored" through a company in Oregon that does it like Just Dashes. The price was similar too but faster turnaround. It looks good. If I had to do it again I'd consider having an upholstery shop simply recover it or try it myself. There's not much to them.

Hi guys, Thanks for the input. I was looking for other companies who do dash covers. I've looked at some of the places on the web sites and they do charge $300 to $400 but only sell it in black and not my green colour. So then I got to purchase paint and materials which cost about $100 or so to colour it, and hope it comes out right. I guess if I'm spending thousands of dollars to redo the car, $500 or $600. seems cheap. I tell my kids that I can't take it with me, but I sure can drive it and enjoy it a whole lot more. 'Just Dashes' quoted me $550.00 with my core and have a sample sent in to match my seat covers which I thought was pretty reasonable.

I checked the links from Dantes.
I'm curious as to why he has dash caps listed for 68-69 barracuda's, but not 67?
I find that alot when looking up parts.

-
Back