New Duster

-

stroker mike

Reaction score
So, it's been a minute since I've posted, as many of you may remember I had to sell my dart to keep the family fed, things were rough this year and I had to make it happen, so I did what I had to do. It would tear a hole in me every time I'd turn on speed channel, or when I'd be out and about and hear a car with a nasty lope somewhere near, there was a hole that nothing could fill, and I was sad, really sad, for a while there. But things have gotten a little better now, and I struck a deal with a guy for a straight little 73 duster, it has an 8 3/4 in it, and a 318 with 360 heads, and a 904. It's got a little RV cam in it, headers, performer intake, holley, front disc's, big bolt pattern, weld drag lite bigs and littles, and is flat black. As soon as we shook hands on it I swear something woke up inside me that I had been missing for so long! The interior is pretty bad but everything works and seats and dash pads are things that can be done, right? So I've already been thinking cams and all the things that I love to dwell on and I feel alive for the first time in 6 months! Sorry for those out there that don't understand or think I'm crazy or petty or dumb but my love for hot rodding and mopar's in particular is so much a part of me that I can't imagine life without it, not any more. I'm back at humble beginnings but I'm grateful for that, and I'll be so stoked to share my passion again with my friends here as this little duster begins to take shape. I hope you all are blessed as well, as we leave a tough year behind us and look to a new, sparkling tomorrow.
Kindest Regards,
Stroker Mike :cheers:

Thank god the light at the tunnel wasnt turned off due to cut backs,lol!! It's rough to have to let our favorite toys go but in the end your family is fed.

Im sure FABO could help with finding a new project for you!

Hey mike This is stephon with the 74 dust. Nicks old friend. what's goin on?? glad ur back in the mopar game.. got a big block I'm tryna stroke and a 4spd but needed some help . Anyways welcome back

I'd check the cylinder pressure or cc the heads to get an idea of compression before swapping cams. 360 heads on a stock piston 318 can drop compression a lot.
Good luck on the project. I too cannot imagine not having my Mopars.:cheers:

I'll prob just do a compression check, make sure it ain't under 140 and stick a whiplash series in there. For now. Building a stroker, running a XE275HL in it. saving up for the heads, but it's been a slow process with things this year, like I said. I am gonna do the new engine right, one piece at a time and make it the best I can do- however long it takes- then I'll drop it in. As long as the duster runs good for now I'm gonna concentrate on some things I haven't done before like -gasp!- interior! Imagine that! My wife might let the kids ride with me some day if I build something with seats! And a 3.91 sure grip pumpkin is out there somewhere with my name on it, too! We'll see. Here's a couple pic's for now. Thanks, Kit! I'll owe you forever!

3nb3k73md5Qb5P35Se9cd126a7620631e135b.jpg

3n13o63l45V85Tb5P29cdabe3fbddcffd19e2.jpg

Oh, yeah, hey Stephon give me a call. I got the same number. I'll help you if you need it. Good to see you on here. Nick is doing ok these days. Give me a ring.

very nice, i was thinking of picking up that same duster a few weeks back.

I know what you mean. Two years of seperation and divorce... I sold most of what I had and all my cars. I had a /6 Barracuda offered and I jumped and had a blast in it this past summer. It's cool when you can remember why you liked them in the first place. Have fun with it first and foremost. You can have fun with 120 horsepower..lol.

Good to here things are a little better for you. Congrats on the new car and god luck on the build.

hey mike theres a 3.91 chunk for 300 in craigslist was going to get it but i want 4.10s best of luck

I know exactly what you mean. When I moved here from half way across the countryI had to sell a couple of cars including my 71 RR Clone with a 440. I some how survived a few years with out a project mopar. I was tickled pink when I finally picked up a /6 74 duster 3 speed. Glad you have something to tinker with.

Alright cool sounds good, I wanna stroke my 360 after my big block is ready to,and drop it in another car, but that'll be awhile but I got a new phone ill check my old one see if I still have your number in there if not just hit me with a pm. Glad nick is doin ok too

-
Back