New Eddy AVS2

-
I agree with that. A bigger bore is always better IMO.

Well I just got back from my first test drive with my new Eddy 500 cfm AVS2. All I can say is wow, my car is a different car. I set the idle at 700 rpm in neutral, 12.5 on the wideband. It drops to 600 rpm in gear and the wideband stays on 12.5, no miss no sputter-smooth as butter:) And out on the road going through the gears that baby sings! When the little motor wants more you can feel that secondary circuit kick in and you had better be ready to shift or have lots of road:) I built the combo for 5500 rpm and it will do all of that easily without complaining and I could shift at 6K if I wanted to and had the balls:) My wideband is running a little rich so I will be calling the Eddy tech line for correcting parts but anyone considering this carburetor, I give it my hearty endorsement. A small amount of playing and shop cleanup tomorrow, wash my car and I'm back on the road. Thanks to all who helped:)
Rat out---------------------:) :) :) :)

Just to let all looking at this thread know I put a new AVS2 650 on a friends warmed over 360 today. Comp 268h cam and about 9 to 1 with x heads. It had a older Edlebrock 750 on it and it did run good but the idle I could never get right. I have worked on this car for about 15 years for him now so I know it well. All I did was check the float level before I put it on and the fast idle cam to made sure it was close. Start up was awesome, adjusted curb idle speed, test drive was fun :) This is the third one I have put on now and they have all been damn near spot on out of the box. I'm sure with a little tweaking there is a little more but this is the best "out of box" carb I have seen in years. I ran it to about 6000 grand a few times (did not want to push my luck on the street) and even the secondaries felt good. The 750 may have been a tat big for this engine on the street but there is something different about the AVS2. I would love to cut one up to see what else is different. I've been down this road with the Carter carbs and then the Weber look alike ones over the years. I think there is more then just the boosters going on but I don't have one to dissect and as long as they run this good I'm going to just keep putting them on until I get a bad one. On top of that that if you have a junk 4 barrel carb of any type they have a buy back program until the end of the month for a $50 rebate.

Last edited:
Just to let all looking at this thread know I put a new AVS2 650 on a friends warmed over 360 today. Comp 268h cam and about 9 to 1 with x heads. It had a older Edlebrock 750 on it and it did run good but the idle I could never get right. I have worked on this car for about 15 years for him now so I know it well. All I did was check the float level before I put it on and the fast idle cam to made sure it was close. Start up was awesome, adjusted curb idle speed, test drive was fun :) This is the third one I have put on now and they have all been damn near spot on out of the box. I'm sure with a little tweaking there is a little more but this is the best "out of box" carb I have seen in years. I ran it to about 6000 grand a few times (did not want to push my luck on the street) and even the secondaries felt good. The 750 may have been a tat big for this engine on the street but there is something different about the AVS2. I would love to cut one up to see what else is different. I've been down this road with the Carter carbs and then the Weber look alike ones over the years. I think there is more then just the boosters going on but I don't have one to dissect and as long as they run this good I'm going to just keep putting them on until I get a bad one. On top of that that if you have a junk 4 barrel carb of any type they have a buy back program until the end of the month for a $50 rebate.

I've been looking at picking one of these up to replace my 1406. I seen the rebate as well which is awesome. Here is the info from the rebate that has very minor stipulations. *Only 4-barrel carburetors (ANY BRAND) in working condition are eligible. Reconditioned, junkyard and 2-barrel carburetors are NOT eligible.

Last edited:
-
Back