New Edelbrock SB Victor head

-
Real question is does it require a special intake and/or headers and/or rocker gear.
Plus what's the price gonna be? Might be worth it for me to sell my rpm heads to get these

Says they accept a stock race manifold such as the Super Victor. Intake valves are 2.15...big. I wonder what the "Victor Pro Port" version is. OOB, they have a port volume of almost 50cc more than the RPM heads.

They have longer than stock valves, and have changed the valve angle. I would assume that means the valvetrain will be custom. They also use the W5 exhaust pattern.

IDK Tom. Valve angle change may not mean new valve train. I'm wondering if the heads will allow my W5 intake to bolt up. The exhaust is a W5 pattern, the same as a W2? No?

I'll believe it when I see somebody bolted a set on.

So who makes w5 bolt pattern headers for a bodies? are they fenderwell only?
(A link would be great!!!)

16 degree, with .600" inch longer than stock valves.

With the increase in length, they'd have to make the stands taller to not throw off the geometry, which would at least require custom pushrods. But is anyone really thinking that you'd run stock rockers on these high-dollar heads?

16 degree, with .600" inch longer than stock valves.

With the increase in length, they'd have to make the stands taller to not throw off the geometry, which would at least require custom pushrods. But is anyone really thinking that you'd run stock rockers on these high-dollar heads?

I was thinking about using my comp pro mags!Anybody know if a dual plane manifold is made for this setup?

There are a lot of questions that no one really has any answers for. The heads don't exist. Don't hold your breath, they may never exist. The "picture" is a rendering. They don't even have a prototype to take a picture of.

If they ever do reach production, they will probably require special rockers, non-stock style intakes, and W5 headers. They will be race heads, with large ports and small chambers.

the brochures says it will use a intake like a Super Victor...so i would say a standard intake will fit...and they will come with end spacers aka w5 for the raised intake..

w5 header from TTi as noted above...have no clue on valve gear....

only time will tell...i would suspect that Hughes would have one of the 1st sets since they seamed to know more about them before anyone else...

It says that the intake port has been raised 3/4" and the flange extended to accept a stock (race) intake. The holes may line up to a stock intake, but the ports will be much larger. They won't be a good head for most street machines.

It says that the intake port has been raised 3/4" and the flange extended to accept a stock (race) intake. The holes may line up to a stock intake, but the ports will be much larger. They won't be a good head for most street machines.

Edelbrock Victor series...heads and intakes are geared more towards racing...in fact the they are listed under racing heads section of the brochure...

and they will still make the rpm head which is geared toward street..

Great ! more options for sb mopars :burnout:, for street engines there are the RPM and RHS head and others already.

Sounds like a great street head for my 340 (it's a street motor, looks like I might be selling my rpm heads). Now only if a dual plane intake is made, that would mean I'd be parting with more of my money. Let's see what gonna happen!!!!

stock cyl head intake track CC are around 150-160
Them heads have a 225 CC intake head track. W2 are around 180 esh

225 CC will equal bad bottom end on most street cars. air speed would be at a snails pace.

7500 rpm small block or a stroker w/compression is what i would try them on.

Just my .02

Sounds like a great street head for my 340 (it's a street motor, looks like I might be selling my rpm heads). Now only if a dual plane intake is made, that would mean I'd be parting with more of my money. Let's see what gonna happen!!!!

Dude, it is NOT a good street head, especially for a small cube, 340, and then you want to put a dual plane manifold on it?!? That would be a total mismatch of parts and will run like crap. Keep your RPM heads.

I think when/if they are available, and assuming they are available for under $3K using available rockers and LA intakes, they will fill the street/strip stroker engine market well. Now the only real options for a race capable alunimum head beyond ported RPMS are the W series or Indys. I also like the CNC chambers at 58ccs. I cut RPMs down to get what I want now... I'd really like to see that chamber.

-
Back