New Exhaust & Engine pics

-

MoparGirl

Reaction score
Little by little we're getting this beast done.

new exhaust1.JPG

new tti exhaust1.jpg

new exhaust headers tti1.JPG

tti header ds1.jpg

tti header pass1.JPG

Pypes performance race pro mufflers1.JPG

Almost done1.jpg

Almost done 21.jpg

nice stuff there, but why did you put the hangers in front of the mufflers instead of behind them?

nice stuff there, but why did you put the hangers in front of the mufflers instead of behind them?

I would think to keep the weight of the mufflers off the headers 8)
Looks great to me :happy10: She get's a thumbs up from me to :happy10:

The headers and exhaust system are TTI & the mufflers are Pypes Race Pros. It sounds really nice, not obnoxious at idle but give it some gas & it roars.

I'm pretty sure the hangers were supposed to go there according to the TTI instructions.

Thanks for the compliments. :-D I can't wait to actually get in and drive it somewhere...anywhere.

i was just curious, i guess nothing is written in stone butusually you put the hanger on the back to carry the wieght of the muffler. then the tail pipe has its own hanger at the tip. there is also more room for the hangers towards the back of the muffler since the floor kicks up.

is there a reason for the h-pipe do i need it for stock 273 manifolds?.....thanks bonehead

i was just curious, i guess nothing is written in stone butusually you put the hanger on the back to carry the wieght of the muffler. then the tail pipe has its own hanger at the tip. there is also more room for the hangers towards the back of the muffler since the floor kicks up.

I agree, and then you can move the muffler's forward about 6 inches or so (by the looks of the picture) you may have to shorten the pipes between the miffler and the h pipe.

I have only seen that style of hangar at the rear of the muffler

my 2 cts

I have never dun Exhaust work and just learning myself :happy10:
Thank you 8) My new exhaust is hook up like you said :thumbrig:

Looks good. I gotta ask where the upper radiator hose came from? I like it better than just black rubber.

I was just re-reading an older copy of Mopar Muscle where they were installing a TTI exhaust system, and Burntorange70 is right. This is how the TTI system works, using longer rear seat seatbelt bolts to attach the hangers before the mufflers. I had to laugh, because I recognized it as a TTI system even before MoparGirl said, just from the clamp holding the H-pipe together. That makes it a lot easier to get the exhaust out of the way if you need to drop the tranny, rather than a solid H-pipe.

thats pretty wierd, i used the rear seat belt mount on my cars and the hangers wind up behind the muffler.

I was just re-reading an older copy of Mopar Muscle where they were installing a TTI exhaust system, and Burntorange70 is right. This is how the TTI system works, using longer rear seat seatbelt bolts to attach the hangers before the mufflers. I had to laugh, because I recognized it as a TTI system even before MoparGirl said, just from the clamp holding the H-pipe together. That makes it a lot easier to get the exhaust out of the way if you need to drop the tranny, rather than a solid H-pipe.

is this the article? http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/..._tti_exhaust_system_and_headers/photo_15.html

-
Back