New fastest Mopar?

-
I see no resemblance of ANY Ford Mustang that resembles the 1st Mustang, and neither do you. Look at the '64, '64, '66 Mustang, and find where ANY Mustang after that looks like it. Not the 70's, not the 80's, not the 90's, and neither do any that they make today. They may resemble the '68/'69 stang, but not the 1st 'stangs.
Still, Ford fans bought them. Even the Pinto Mustangs in the mid 70's. But rage, and rant on.. :D

He didn't say the first year stangs'..but Ford got it dead on right with the tailights they look just like a '69-'70..and far better looking then the IMPORTED mopar/fiat thing!!

He didn't say the first year stangs'..but Ford got it dead on right with the tailights they look just like a '69-'70..and far better looking then the IMPORTED mopar/fiat thing!!
My point exactly, why does the 2nd Demon "have" to look like the 1st? If Ford is setting the bar, then the 2nd Demon has no obligations to the 1st, because Ford didn't do it that way.

it is very funny when people talk like they know..... but there are a few of us that do know, and the ignorance is exposed, just not to everyone. I'll just say I'm involved with the Ford transmission, and it's new 10 speed that's coming up (the new programs). I can also tell you that I have some involvement with Chrysler 9 speed, and ZF.
But rant on... LOL... i'll just sit back and enjoy :D

it is very funny when people talk like they know..... but there are a few of us that do know, and the ignorance is exposed, just not to everyone. I'll just say I'm involved with the Ford transmission, and it's new 10 speed that's coming up (the new programs). I can also tell you that I have some involvement with Chrysler 9 speed, and ZF.
But rant on... LOL... i'll just sit back and enjoy :D

Right..and you think the 318 is a real motor:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Right..and you think the 318 is a real motor:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
by the way, did you see the new member that showed up? Street driver Duster with 318 that goes 11.60's? Isn't that the same as your 340/stroker/12.1 ? Or is his 318 a little faster? Like I posted above, it's all in what you know.....

by the way, did you see the new member that showed up? Street driver Duster with 318 that goes 11.60's? Isn't that the same as your 340/stroker/12.1 ? Or is his 318 a little faster? Like I posted above, it's all in what you know.....

NO..that would be the STOCK STROKE 360 i just took out...

here we go, talk'n baby blocks again. I'm look'n for a new version of a 63 dart with a 6.1 hemi with push button auto. that's my opinion. sleepers rule !

So build one! :D
I want all the bells and whistles in the handling, braking , interior and slight modification of exterior curves.
I'm gonna give stroked a run for his money, in my newly designed 63 Fiat Dart.

here we go, talk'n baby blocks again. I'm look'n for a new version of a 63 dart with a 6.1 hemi with push button auto. that's my opinion. sleepers rule !
this is actually a good post.... push button Hemi :D

My point exactly, why does the 2nd Demon "have" to look like the 1st? If Ford is setting the bar, then the 2nd Demon has no obligations to the 1st, because Ford didn't do it that way.
It doesn't, but im pretty sure every mustang has had the same style tail lights, except maybe the fox bodies. But all mustangs resemble the original. Im not saying its gotta look exactly like a demon but matching tail lights and a few tweaked body lines would be a better fit imho.

Idk why everyone calls an opinion bitching, anything can be considered bitching, some of you guys are "bitching" about us "bitching" cant we agree to disagree? I have in my mind what i think is right and others have theres.

Its kinda funny though, the older guys complain about technology and things should be simpler like they used to be and that the younger generation has no respect for classic cars or for older things yet when a younger guy (me) comes into the classic car scene and says i think that new model whatever should look more like the original. The older guys say we are complaining? Why not be supportive of us actually noticing that some of these companies have no respect for where they came from and that these designers need to do some more research. Be proud the we are supportive to the significance of the original

Thats just me, however i do think some of stroked's comments are a bit different from my take, he has all the right to post them so it doesn't bother me.

I dont think any of the new vehicles today are "5hit boxes" however i do think that vehicles today are way to complicated for the needs of the consumer. I dont have any issues with any of fiats decisions other than the name choice. Thats it

On a funny note, there is already subliminal messages here on the site protesting the demon name being used on the challenger

:mob:
Change the name!
Change the name!
Change the name!

lol coincidence? I think not

:lol:

Last edited:
im pretty sure every mustang has had the same style tail lights, except maybe the fox bodies. But all mustangs resemble the original. Im not saying its gotta look exactly like a demon but matching tail lights and a few tweaked body lines would be a better fit imho.
:lol:

Here are mustang taillights of '64, '74, '84, '94, '04. Now tell me what ya think about your opinion on "all mustang taillights resemble the original... :D
'64
stang light 1.jpg

'74
stang 2 light.jpg

'84
stang 3 light.jpg

'94
stang 4 lights.jpg

'04
stang 5 light.jpg

Dont get me wrong, I am glad they put out some modern muscle back in 08 with the Challenger and developed the Hemi into an crazy unreal motor. Now saying that....10 year run on the same basic body of a Challenger and just re-naming, limited editions and decal packages are getting a whole lot boring. Really, it is the same car over the last 10 years and a long run for any car model. IMO lets see the convertible version of this car. A convertible should have been built years ago, to late now? IM thinking possibly. There is talk of the Hemi going away soon, not surprising but unfortunate. I am interested in AFFORDABLE muscle, something stripped of all but the required (these days) safety gear...RoadRunner comes to mind, the idea in 68-69 not the name. Lets get back into real performance. I don't want all the BS electronics, bells and whistles just seat of the pants driving pleasure and performance at will. IMO this is what we all like and love about our good' Ol A Bodies. My opinion my rant lol My be its time for a re- think by the marketing people, hey the went retro on the design why not go retro on the idea as well....simple, affordable, performance for us all.... :)
The problem is all the electronic bells and whistles are becoming mandatory thanks to the feds. The SRT-4 was just that, but the Dart was a flop and they pulled the line before the SRT Dart ever came to fruition. Damn shame too, I bought a Dart GT for my wife to DD and it is a fun car, it could use a little more power, but it handles like its on rails and is plenty roomy on road trips and I'm 6'5" tall and north of 300 Lbs.

The problem is all the electronic bells and whistles are becoming mandatory thanks to the feds. The SRT-4 was just that, but the Dart was a flop and they pulled the line before the SRT Dart ever came to fruition. Damn shame too, I bought a Dart GT for my wife to DD and it is a fun car, it could use a little more power, but it handles like its on rails and is plenty roomy on road trips and I'm 6'5" tall and north of 300 Lbs.

I bought a new SRT-4 ACR and it was fun to drive. With a few mods it had over 300whp/400# of torque and with zero turbo lag. Taking it to Road America was a blast, I could hit the rev limiter at 165mph there and it autocrossed great too. I embarrassed a quite a few muscle cars with it too.

It was hard to believe how many times I was pulled over with it, they were profiling the car big time. When they saw a 40+ year old guy driving it they would just send me on my way.

I got my Mopar employee discount on it, owned it for 3 years. When I sold it after selling off the mods I made money on the car and the parts.

I bought a new SRT-4 ACR and it was fun to drive. With a few mods it had over 300whp/400# of torque and with zero turbo lag. Taking it to Road America was a blast, I could hit the rev limiter at 165mph there and it autocrossed great too. I embarrassed a quite a few muscle cars with it too.

It was hard to believe how many times I was pulled over with it, they were profiling the car big time. When they saw a 40+ year old guy driving it they would just send me on my way.

I got my Mopar employee discount on it, owned it for 3 years. When I sold it after selling off the mods I made money on the car and the parts.

I had the same, ordered it from Bettenhausen Dodge, the day they released it for ordering, used my Vendor discount, drove the wheels off of it, had it at Road America, the Autobahn CC, Topeka, and many weekends at Rt 66 or Rt 41 draq strips. Closest thing to a 68 Road Runner Mopar has made since 1970. I went a little further than you mod wise...

DSC02381.jpg

DSC02295.jpg

Ported big wheel Stage 3 yadda yadda

I had the same, ordered it from Bettenhausen Dodge, the day they released it for ordering, used my Vendor discount, drove the wheels off of it, had it at Road America, the Autobahn CC, Topeka, and many weekends at Rt 66 or Rt 41 draq strips. Closest thing to a 68 Road Runner Mopar has made since 1970. I went a little further than you mod wise...

View attachment 1715019433

View attachment 1715019434

Ported big wheel Stage 3 yadda yadda

Thats nothing more then american rice..buy a real car will ya:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

87 Dodge Shelby 2016 July 0.JPG
Shelby1.JPG
Well.. try this then...100% North American. Shelby! 87 Shelby Charger built 2.2 Turbo 555 Getrag trans Rod shifted, +20 injectors, Full T2 conversion, intercooled, computer upgrade, map sensor, ceramic clutch ETC..ETC .
This little number would spins the tires at 30MPH and handle like it was on rails 20+lbs of boost...so much fun I regret selling it! No Rice on this car...and the most fun for the investment I have ever had...So, still bolting carbs on intakes and crossing your fingers?

Thats nothing more then american rice..buy a real car will ya:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
American rice that ran 11 flat at 130 MPH... It would smoke your stroker A body, and it went around corners too... At the track it was faster than my 392 Stroker GCSRT-8, but it was slower on the street. The SRT-8 would kill it to about 330ft and the SRT-4 would catch it by half track, then run away and hide My SRT-8 GC ran a best of 11.30. It was honestly the most enjoyable car I've ever owned, even moreso than my 440+6 4 speed Superbird

DSC01490.jpg

-
Back