New from just east of Toronto

-

6cuda5

CUDA-RAY
Reaction score
Got the fever and bought a sweet 1965 Barracuda at the Classic Car auction in April this year. Now I need parts for the little things, and, out of the blue I find this web site - cooool !!!

Wow.....
This is the right place to be.
Glad I stumbled on to this forum, hope to be in a position to add some value one day...

In the mean time, I broke my car....
Was driving down a road in Whitby (Anderson), when my U-Joint gave way.
The drive shaft came out and twisted the tranny a bit....:banghead:

Attachments

• 20140702_191218.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 190
It's off to the mechanics today and I'm back to work so I can pay for it....

Putting in a new 340 that I just bought from a fiend along with a rebuilt tranny, new MSD ignition system and will install (later) new Disc brakes in front... (Wilwood).

you bought a 340 from a fiend???? Hope you didn't get ripped off.....LOL

I think you meant friend! Hope the car isn't hurt too bad.

I once bought a 340 from a fiend, it wasn't in good condition like he said it was.

Welcome to the site from a fellow Canadian living stateside. you should consider bringing that Cuda to moparfest where a lot of the group will be.

Welcome to FABO..Be sure to check out the Early-A body discussions forum when doing the 340 swap.Hope your car has an 8 3/4 rear already?:burnout:

Wow, been busy and I see the board is as well!!!
First of all - the 340 I bought was from a "Friend".
He had the engine built at a local engine builder (machine shop) 2 years ago for his Dart. The crazy guy put a Hemi in instead...
Anyway, I would trust this guy to the end - lol...
It's in and should be ready for me to pick up on Saturday. Ordered Wilwood brakes but not in yet...
A comment to "pettybludart", it still has the small original rear end. Can you tell me more, need the info so I can continue to do the right thing here..

Attachments

• 20140711_131644.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 156
Wow, been busy and I see the board is as well!!!
First of all - the 340 I bought was from a "Friend".
He had the engine built at a local engine builder (machine shop) 2 years ago for his Dart. The crazy guy put a Hemi in instead...
Anyway, I would trust this guy to the end - lol...
It's in and should be ready for me to pick up on Saturday. Ordered Wilwood brakes but not in yet...
A comment to "pettybludart", it still has the small original rear end. Can you tell me more, need the info so I can continue to do the right thing here..
You will break the original 7 1/4 rear as soon as you trump on that 340. Best start looking for an 8 3/4 or a 8 1/4. 8 3/4,s came in 72 and earlier A-body cars where as the 8 1/4 came in 73up A-body cars.Both will bolt in with some minor driveshaft mods.Shame I just sold a spare 8 3/4 housing a few months ago.

Welcome my fellow Torontoian from Jane and Wilson

-
Back