New girl!

-
Reaction score
Hey all! I'm a 23 year old girl from the west suburbs of Chicago, and I just bought a bronze 1970 Duster and I'm looking to get it back on the road. This car will be my first project car, so I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of questions from me in the near future :toothy10: It's got a 318 that starts right up, but the brakes and suspension need a lot of TLC before it's road worthy (not to mention the bodywork. Oh, the horror!). It needs a lot of work, but I'm excited to finally get it running again. Right now I'm leaning toward doing a mostly-factory spec restoration, but we'll see where the project takes me. Anyway, here's a couple of pics of the old beast. I'll post some better ones when I've got 'em!

(P.S., does anyone know what the actual factory name of this paint color was? Thanks!)

duster1.jpg

duster2.jpg

Welcome!! :cheers: Nice looking Duster, you should have it on the road in no time.

Welcome to Fabo!!Your amongst the best A-body owners now.Lots of parts and help here for when you start your restoration.Great to see a young girl willing to save a great Mopar!We,ll need more pics for help with getting you going in the right direction.

Welcome aboard!:wave:

Good luck on your project you'll have fun and some frustrations.

There's plenty of help here on the site so don't hesitate to ask questions.
Someone should have an answer.

One you can drive while you work on it.There is a lot of good information on this site.I think youll love it here.You should join in the chat sometime,lot of knowlegable folks in there.

Welcome TailLightsFade :cheers:
Jump on in and enjoy the best of the best :cheers:
As fare as the name of that color I am not sure yet :read2:
As long as it's on an A body it's going to be a cool color 8)

Lets see, 23 yo, female, into Mopars. Will you marry me? Welcome to the best Mopar family on the net.

I was really looking at that car on Autabuy. If it was closer I am sure I would have tried to buy it. It is almost identical to to my 70 Duster 340 including color, wheels I had in highschool. I wanted that car!

Please keep us up to date on any pictures. My Duster was originally orange but was black on the title (even though it was brown/bronze when I got it) so I can't help you with the color. If it still has the fender tag on the driver's side inner fender we can help with the original color.

Good luck and nice buy.

Wow! Nice looking car you have there and welcome to the group. Keep us up dated on your progress with lots of photos. I think it's awesome that women will get out work on there cars and not worry about getting grease under there finger nails. You go girl! IMOP it takes a special girl to even look under the hood of a car. Here is my special lady helping me with mine.
2913356_189_full.sized.jpg

Hey I like the Duster! I've been driving A-bodies since I was 16 and I still love em 30 years later, you'll have a good time making it like you want it.

Welcome to FABO Tail lights fade. Nice car...as for the colour check your fender tag inside your engine bay (if it is there) and look for the code and try to match it on the link that chasduster gave you. Good luck!:toothy8:

Welcome to the FABO Family! Nice car! List your wants, needs, questions and you'll be flooded with results!

Welcome to FABO you have come to the right place. We love A-bodies! Glad to see the ladies into Mopars for sure. Keep us posted on the progress.

Hey, TailLightsFade. Welcome to FABO. You're going to have fun here!
As far as the paint color, I'm betting on K5, Burnt Orange Metallic.

Welcome to the site. That looks like a nice solid project. I drive past CCC on my way to Florissant,MO. every Thanksgiving. They always have an interesting inventory of old cars.

Welcome to here

You know its mandatory procedure here on FABO that new members post pics of themselves:newb: :toothy7:

-
Back