New Guy from Santa Cruz, CA

-

conormulroney

Reaction score
Hello all!
My name is Conor and I have been lurking this sight for several months and finally decided to join up. I have been around old cars all of my life, learning to drive in a '65 Morris Mini (that I drive every non rainy day). My dad is an avid British car fan and I grew up driving Triumph TR6's, Morgans, a Lotus Super Seven and the '65 Mini.

When I branched out on my own, I first purchased a '61 Olds 88, then moved to a '59 F100 and a '73 BMW 2002. I cannot recall a time when I was not driving an old car or truck as a daily driver.

Currently my vehicles consist of:
'65 Morris Mini Wagon
'54 Ford F100
'67 Lambretta scooter
'24 Ford roadster project
and finally ( the reason I joined and my first ever Mopar)
'70 Dart Swinger. 318/904, SBP, 8 3/4 rear

I bought the dart as a father son project about two years ago and since, my son has moved on to college. It is a pretty good project car that has been on the back burner since he left. I have tried to sell it on several occasions, but to no avail. So, I think it was meant for me to build.

It has some new parts,runs, drives and stops, but, needs interior, body and electrical work. I look forward to getting answers to my questions.

Conor

dart 1.jpg

dart 3.jpg

Thank you all for the welcome
Oldvart: There is only so much time space and money=P~ My truck has to run because it's my main transportation. I waited 27 years to get the Mini from my dad and it needed work. The scooter has been trouble free for two years, but, I also have this pesky Model T project in my workshop.

So, the Model T has been bumped to the back burner after the TLC to the Dart and I still have no time, space or money

Conor

Conor, welcome to FABO from a SoCal member. You're going to have fun here. Great people and the best A-body techs anywhere.
Glad you finally found your way to Mopar. That '70 Dart is going to be nice when completed. What's the plan?

welcome to the site. do you know anything about metropolitans? my girlfriend just bought this onewith 58,000 miles. and we just got it up and running again last week. good luck with your dart!

PC142675.jpg

Welcome, You like this AM lightning show?:cheers:

There are a lot of helpful guys and gals here and the mods do their jobs.
You got lots to read, so many threads, so little time.

Again welcome from the other side of the bay, Monterey.

LCjeff

Hey Conor-

It's Daniel, Darren's dad across town from ya. Welcome to FABO! Can't believe Logan didn't take the Dart with him to school! I couldn't get Darren interested in old Mopars, either. Feel free to give me a buzz if you need a hand with the Dart...

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Conor, welcome to FABO from a SoCal member. You're going to have fun here. Great people and the best A-body techs anywhere.
Glad you finally found your way to Mopar. That '70 Dart is going to be nice when completed. What's the plan?
The plan is to clean up the wiring, body and interior and get it reliable

welcome to the site. do you know anything about metropolitans? my girlfriend just bought this onewith 58,000 miles. and we just got it up and running again last week. good luck with your dart!
Sorry, the only small cars I've played with were British

welcome aboard Conor .
Love the black primer,Looks like My car ! 8)
I hope to change that to a more satin color. Yours looks good and a bit straighter than mine

Hey Conor-

It's Daniel, Darren's dad across town from ya. Welcome to FABO! Can't believe Logan didn't take the Dart with him to school! I couldn't get Darren interested in old Mopars, either. Feel free to give me a buzz if you need a hand with the Dart...
How's your Valiant coming along? I don't know why, but, Logan likes his Volvo ](*,)I wish I had joined here earlier, then I would have a decent running Dart, not just another good project

Have a great night everyone

Conor

Welcome, your going to find that there a lot of great people here. A great source of info for your project! So dont hesitate to ask questions. Cool Dart good luck on it.

Welcome Conor. Quite an eclectic collection you have there. And I love Santa Cruz, my boy is a sophomore Slug!
Got anymore pictures of your collection?

Welcome Conor this sight is GREAT! I used to live in Soquel my wife is from Capitola, Santa Cruz is a cool place! Not only will you get cool tips and info on getting parts the people here are good people. I have a 1963 Vespa VBB1 never gives me any grief! Cars & scooters fun stuff!

Jeff

-
Back