New Guy from Sydney Australia

-

hnssnv

Reaction score
Hey guys
Love the site. Its full of great information and for someone like myself with very little knowledge in this area it will come in mighty handy given the project I am undertaking.

I am currently (with the help of some good mates who do know what they're doing) restoring a 1968 Barracuda.

The car was purchased from a guy in California and we shipped it over to Australia to enjoy around 18 months ago. Have been driving it around (getting used to the steering wheel on the other side) but took it off the road about 2 months ago to undertake a full resto.

So we're looking at replacing the tired 318 with a 426ci Hemi.
Installing a tru trac serpintine system, mini tubing, adding disc brakes, alterkation system etc. Inside will be original and we are keeping with the old school look and adding some Torque Thrust Ds.. Also keeping it left hand drive.

Its going to be a big job but I'm loving every weekend, watching stuff happening and learning along the way.

I'm sure you will see posts from me in the future.

Steve
Oh, you can check on pics of the restoration through the car club I'm in.
http://www.regals.com.au/gallery3.php?cat=211

Attachments

• Cuda.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 199
Sounds like a great project! When finished, you'll need to take it to COTM (if you're close enough)

We will definately take it to COTM next year if its completed. It wont be ready for the Rumble this year but I will be going. Last year (despite the weather) was excellent.

Will post some pictures of the rebuild as it comes along
Steve

Welcome onboard! Really like your plans with your car. Keep the pictures coming and good luck with your project.

Welcome to FABO from SoCal, Steve. You're going to have fun here! Lots of great people and a wealth of information.

O-oh there goes the neighbour hood The Regals have arrived

G'day mate and welcome Love the Barra's
Probably catchup some time in the near future
Going to the Rumble as we did last year
But in my PT lol for a bit longer yet
Cheers Col

We could of met already but for reference Gordo who has several pics of my PT

-
Back