New Guy with lotsa ?'s

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
Ok be patient I am new to this. I was wandering what year steering column will fit my 72 Duster. It is a console shift car but there isn't much left of the interior either. Only a dash and a skeleton of a column. Pretty much what parts will interchange from each year and model. I have access to at least 25 A-bodies at a local salvage yard.

Besides the no brainer of other Dusters and Demon/Dart Sports, I'm not exactly sure. I would think they would all swap if not to far removed in year of what you have.
I know one catch is the length of the coupler shaft for manual and power steering is different.

Don't worry about asking questions...that is what the forums are all about. You have to remember that 70 and up have the key in the column. 1970 is the only year that doesn't have the key release lever on the column. also check the length...power steering amd manual steering shaft are different lengths.

Welcome 72: Tell me what you need. I'll bet i have it and am willing to help a newby. Post over on the wanted section and someone will help you out. Glad to have ya on board.
Small Block

Oh ya I am not really looking for parts here just yet since like I said I have access to at least 25 A-Bodies here locally at one yard. Plus he is really cheap. Around $50 a pair for fenders.

That salvage yard sounds like a gold mine! You need to take an inventory of what is there - year, make, engine, tranny, rear end, interior; stuff like that and report back to us! Sounds like with that much stuff to look over that most anything you might need would be available.
C

-
Back