New here from So. Cal.

-

Mystang115

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am new to the site, and I live in Southern California. My name is Evan, and I recently turned 21. I am hoping to gain quite a bit of knowledge from you guys, that I can apply to my own projects and car knowledge overall. My current daily driver/project (which is never a good combo) is a 1963 Dodge Dart wagon. With a 225 /6, I believe the motor is from a later model Mopar though. I have some sbp slotted mags sitting here waiting for fresh tires to put on her. The other car I have in my driveway that is also a project car, although not a Mopar, is a 1985 Ford Mustang GT. I will post pics if some of you are interested in seeing her. But, for now, here are some pics of my Dart. :wave:

PS: The sticker was on it when I bought it, and it's staying on! Lol!

Welcome to FABO from another SoCal member, Mystang115. You're going to have fun here.

Welcome aboard! Nice looking little wagon you have there.

Don't forget to enter my Young Guns -- Sign In and Win contest in the General Discussion forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody! I am glad to see so many people in my area on here! I haven't seen Waggin's Wagon, how can I check it out? My Dart has definitely been a handful! I have been stranded more times than I care to remember, but all of them end with me learning something valuable. Prior to the wagon, I was, and still am, a Mustang guy! I ran into some financial problems and had to get rid of my 2006 Ford Mustang. My uncle, who is a Huge Mopar/Chrysler guy, came to visit us a while back and had no idea I was such a car fanatic. Shortly after him leaving our house (he's a truck driver) he called and asked if I wanted a project car. Of course I did! Anything is better than the bus, which I was taking to and from work. So he told me to look-up an ebay posting number, and the '63 wagon is what popped up! He told me he would buy it for me to fix/learn if I was interested. So, here I am with the Dart. I have done some work to it so far. But there still is A LOT of things to be done! I am hoping to either swap in a 318, 340, or 360 soon. The /6 is having problems retaining oil, and the push-button trans is going to go soon. The other idea is to swap in a 3.9L V6 from a Dodge Dakota with a custom 4-bbl carb and manifold that my uncle made. Decisions....decisions.....

Let me know if you ever want to get rid of that luggage rack. Good to here your uncle is trying to staighten you out, sounds like a good guy.

Van Nuys Blvd Cruise is tonight. 500+ cars

Van Nuys Blvd near Oxnard at the park and ride.

For those cruisers that need to park, the Orange Line lot is located on Van Nuys Blvd. & Aetna St. (east side). On Aetna St. 2nd driveway. This lot will hold about 800 of your closest friends....With a european style sidewalk bathroom.

Clubs must arrive together to be able to park together...Please, if you are trailering a car, do not park the trailer in the lot as they take up much needed space. PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN THE AISLES. No burn-outs, tire spinning, or unsafe driving will be tolerated while in the lot. NO DRUGS OR ALCOHOL! You will be asked to leave. Please clean up after yourself.
Take your trash with you or use the receptacles provided on the lot.

We ask that the lot be cleared out by 10:00 pm so we may clean up any mess that has been left behind by those less fortunate who should know better....And please no pets on the lot. Remember...The use of this lot is a priveledge. Don't ruin it for others....

Spectator parking is available along the street. We also ask that
you PLEASE patronize the local businesses. The cruise route runs
from Sherman Way past Burbank Bl. so don't be shy to find a new
place to eat and hang. There is NO LAWN CHAIRS ALLOWED in front of Ralphs. If parking at Ralphs (to enjoy their wonderful deli) please use west side lot only.

To view a slide show of Aug 12th cruise click below
photos by Navymailman
http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/...Cruise Night August 2009/?albumview=slideshow

Navymailman's September 9th pictures
http://www.flickr.com/photos/navymailman/sets/72157622201847679/show/

Rustbucket65's September 9th slide show
http://www.flickr.com/photos/18722938@N06/sets/72157622219552297/show/

Let me know if you ever want to get rid of that luggage rack. Good to here your uncle is trying to staighten you out, sounds like a good guy.

Im looking for one too for my 64 dart/valiant wagon!
I do love your new driver. Cant waite to see what you do

-
Back