New here, looking for advice!

-
Reaction score
Hey everyone

I just joined FABO, in hopes of getting some advice from fellow Mopar enthusiasts! I'm located just outside of Detroit, and have a rat-rodded 1964 Dodge Dart Wagon, converted to a 2 door. I bought the car for my (now ex) husband in 2018. It was already a rat rod when we got it (converted to a 2-door, no side windows or backseat, painted rattle can flat black). I'll be posting an ad to sell it shortly. I have the title, which is clean and clear. It needs A LOT of work, but I love this car and wish the ex would've finished fixing it up so we could've enjoyed it more! (the back drivers tire decided to go its own way while he was driving it back in 2019). It's been in my garage since Sept. 2019, with very little done to it.
Here she is the day we got her-

Lizzie.jpg

If parting with it, you have to do the usual routine. Place ads everywhere, and wade thru the tire-kickers and sharks. Lots of car folks in metro-Detroit, so that's a plus. Have a knowledgeable friend help guide you.

So what do you need advice on?

I luv it.
I have everything it needs except an interior.
I have an HO367engine, a modified 4-speed trans, an overdrive, a narrowed 8.75, Disc brakes, HD suspension, dual exhaust, and a brand new set of 295s on 10s to match those wheels currently on it.

If money was easy for me, I'd already be on a plane.

Last edited:
Welcome from Macomb Township! Check out "Twisted Axle Car Club" on Facebook, some of our guys may be able to help you.

Post some pictures of the engine, trans and rear. Drivetrain will have a big impact on value for something like that. Looks like it could be a real cool ride with not too much work.

Welcome to FABO, I think you’ve come to the right place. I live in Pinckney, so if you’re nearby, I would be up for stopping by to see the car and assess it and identify some things on it for you.

Welcome to FABO, I think you’ve come to the right place. I live in Pinckney, so if you’re nearby, I would be up for stopping by to see the car and assess it and identify some things on it for you.
I'm not exactly close to Pickney, but I'm not horribly far either. I'm on the Hazel Park/Warren border

Post some pictures of the engine, trans and rear. Drivetrain will have a big impact on value for something like that. Looks like it could be a real cool ride with not too much work.
Honestly, if you're good with a rat rod, it doesn't really need much. I'll get in the garage in a day or two to get some updated photos.

I'll post some photos in the next couple of days, but I need help figuring out what it needs and how much I could ask for it...the ex moved out of state and refuses to give me any info on it.
The important things to identify on the car for an accurate price range would be in the drivetrain. What motor it has, trans, and rearend. If, for example, it has a 340 with an 8 3/4” rear end, that would increase the value by a couple thousand dollars. If somehow the engine could be checked to see what was done to it, that would go a long way to making an informed description as to the quality of the build. That info won’t be easy to obtain unless there is some kind of paperwork to go with it. The rest of the more important things would be in the quality of the work done to make it a 2 door. I have to assume that because there are no rear panels made for the 2 door conversion, that either there are none, or they are hand fabricated. The quality of workmanship on things like that would also indicate the quality of workmanship in other areas as well. These are some of the things to photograph, and include here for your long distance viewers. Someone close needs to lay eyes on it, and find the numbers on the engine block to identify what is has in it. Hazel Park is not really close to me, but I’ve been known to take a trip down there every now and again. I’m coming down for a birthday party on the 3rd of November, perhaps we could set up a viewing while I’m down there?

That would be great! I'll post some pictures first, to hopefully give you an idea if it's worth your time to check out.
It’s always worth my time to help out someone who is looking for info on their car. I do it all the time, if I can help I do. And I’ll be down there on the 3rd, at 14 mile and I-75, that’s pretty close to Hazel Park I believe, and a good reason to stop by Ventimiglias and get a couple subs for the family too!

It’s always worth my time to help out someone who is looking for info on their car. I do it all the time, if I can help I do. And I’ll be down there on the 3rd, at 14 mile and I-75, that’s pretty close to Hazel Park I believe, and a good reason to stop by Ventimiglias and get a couple subs for the family too!
I'm between 8 and 9 just off of Dequindre, so not too far at all. I REALLY appreciate the help. I want the car to go to someone who will do something with her, but I also don't want to get screwed over because I don't know enough about it.

I'm between 8 and 9 just off of Dequindre, so not too far at all. I REALLY appreciate the help. I want the car to go to someone who will do something with her, but I also don't want to get screwed over because I don't know enough about it.
I will do my best to get as much information for you as possible. I am into the early A body cars, so I know a bit about them, and I’m pretty versed in other areas as well. And I just like Mopars of all kinds.

I drove down to the Irish Hills to check out a Charger a guy is looking to sell. I helped him identify what he has, as he had gotten an “appraisal” from one of his buddies, and it seemed pretty low. Even tho I’m a buyer, I wanted him to get the most money he could, even if it’s from me. He’s had it a long time and is sentimentally attached to it, I don’t want him blown over by a flipper on it, so I took the ride.

60CFE206-AF27-46DA-A907-6E39BD04D82F.jpeg

I also helped a guy who is a friend of a friend, who was looking to sell his 72 Cuda. I looked it all over, made a listing, and it got sold within a week. I just received a message from the guy who bought it, it’s all back together and he’s been driving it to work. He couldn’t be happier, and the seller was happy about the deal as well. Win/win!

83708F1F-85F6-4943-A288-81A0ED8E93CC.png

3CEBC465-AAC2-4416-B115-6BDD1D973076.png

-
Back