New Jersey Thermoquad rebuilder?

-

eds72demon

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good rebuilder of T-quads in NW Jersey/Eastern Pa. area and what I can expect $wise? Thinking of having the orig. from my Demon redone. Never did a rebuild before, so not sure if I'm capable of it. Thanks everyone- Ed

Also- what cfm were they in 72 or were there different sizes?

there is a guy in Lyndhurst who does it I think ...is it Mr. Carburetor ....??

The 2 sizes of the TQ are generally given the cfm ratings of 800 and 850. Kim said 750. As in 750 and 800 cfm sizes. Ethier way, the carbs is easy to rebuild. Dunk it in carb cleaner, wash with water, blow it out with compresed air. Clean all rust off the metal parts and don't forget the "O" rings!
Take the time to make sure all the linkage parts are set up correctly.

Go for it.

Thermoquads don't run well in New Jersey.

Mine ran just fine at Englishtown. Good enuff to have a chat with local police.

This guy is the best bar none if you want it restored with original plating ect..., to rebuild they are very simple but there are a few things that need to be known that a novice will miss. I have rebuilt a ton but if the throttle shafts have play they would need to be bushed. have any questions PM me. heres the guy that restores them http://www.harmsauto.com

This guy is the best bar none if you want it restored with original plating ect..., to rebuild they are very simple but there are a few things that need to be known that a novice will miss. I have rebuilt a ton but if the throttle shafts have play they would need to be bushed. have any questions PM me. heres the guy that restores them http://www.harmsauto.com

Thanks for that link. Looks like he does some real nice work and the prices are not too bad for what all he includes.

After looking on Summit for TQ carbs I found that they have them rebuilt for around the same price as sme of the rebuilders want to rebuild your carb.

-
Back