new lazy lifter....

-
They offer hyd flat tappets for mopars?

Wow you might be right. Seems it was not long ago they had them on their site. I sure as hell don't see them now.

I see only one part number for flat tappets on their website.
GM .842 solids.

Well there's another all the way at the bottom for Fords but it shows discontinued. I am tellin you there used to be a flat tappet or two listing for Chrysler. Sure ain't there now.

If they had em, I’m sure they were “big” sellers.
Hence..... why they don’t have them anymore.

At least the Sealed Power ones have a real snap ring.

Capture.PNG

If they had em, I’m sure they were “big” sellers.
Hence..... why they don’t have them anymore.

Who da heck knows? I mightta been thinkin about somebody else in my old *** age. I think it was Morel though.

The last set of sealed power lifters I had here (for a Chevy) said made in China on the boxes.

The last set of sealed power lifters I had here (for a Chevy) said made in China on the boxes.

What difference does it really make anymore? Are you 100% SURE all the ones you posted are made here? And since when is MADE IN USA really 100% good anymore?

This isn't just a Chrysler issue. It's with ALL of them. You put an .842 lobe near its peak and it will be a ticking piece of **** just like the rest of them.

It's time to man up and tell everyone you either live with the ticking, step up to solid lifters of go play golf.

It's really that simple.

Even my 292/.509 cam would have lifter ticking issues. That was 1981. I'd set the preload at 1/8 turn and run it.

It is what it is.

If you buy cheap ones they are. I put pro magnum comp cams lifters in my last build, a little more expensive but they use new technology and work well

These was Morel and Eaton roller lifters. If you consider the companies cheap then so be it. The Morels was $440 retrofit lifters. One of the morels would not pump up. The Eatons clattered like crazy upon start up no matter the adjustment.

Hughes "retro fit" lifter not pumping up!

Here's their other offering. This one is $4.02 each. The one I pictured above is $7.43 each. I can't guarantee the expensive one is almost twice as good but I sure like the looks of the first one better.

Capture.PNG

What difference does it really make anymore? Are you 100% SURE all the ones you posted are made here? And since when is MADE IN USA really 100% good anymore?

I avoid Chinese valvetrain parts if possible.

For a bone stock rebuild?
Maybe I would use Chinese lifters....... but I really wouldn’t want to.

As for hyd rollers........ I’ve seen many retrofit hyd roller motors clatter away louder than a solid flat tappet.

I avoid Chinese valvetrain parts if possible.

For a bone stock rebuild?
Maybe I would use Chinese lifters....... but I really wouldn’t want to.

I would love to, but unfortunately we find out everyday more and more parts we think are made here are not. How do you KNOW for SURE what you use is made here?

I would love to, but unfortunately we find out everyday more and more parts we think are made here are not. How do you KNOW for SURE what you use is made here?
We couldn't know. the box might say so though.
you do realize the underwear I'm wearing was test fitted by a Mexican before packaging. Fruit of the Loom Made in Mexico. lol

you do realize the underwear I'm wearing was test fitted by a Mexican before packaging. Fruit of the Loom Made in Mexico. lol

LOL A lot of times that means the box is made in USA, not the part. That's always funny to me. And not.

Ok. That ain't right.

I don't want ANYONE test fitting my draws. Ever. I don't even let my wife wear my draws.

Do I “know” where it all comes from?
Not at all.

But I try to use parts from reputable suppliers whose best interests are served by supplying quality parts.
I’m not one to jump on the latest greatest thing.
If I find something that works well I tend to stick with it.

For example the thread here where the guy has the SB stroker that won’t go over 5800, and the Chinese rocker set up is already junk.

A little more $$$$ up front for some American stuff with a good history..... he wouldn’t be looking to replace it.

Do I “know” where it all comes from?
Not at all.

But I try to use parts from reputable suppliers whose best interests are served by supplying quality parts.
I’m not one to jump on the latest greatest thing.
If I find something that works well I tend to stick with it.

For example the thread here where the guy has the SB stroker that won’t go over 5800, and the Chinese rocker set up is already junk.

A little more $$$$ up front for some American stuff with a good history..... he wouldn’t be looking to replace it.

Exactly. We're all gettin fleeced man.

Went to NAPA for some new front brake rotors for my Ram because they was warped bad. Dodge had a problem with their Ram rotors warping (long story). The NAPA guy told me I had two choices the rotors made in the USA or the rotors made in China. He said if I bought the USA ones I would be in here next week complaining about warpage. I bought the China ones and they have been on there for at least 10 years without issues.
First thing that came to mind seeing your post..lol

-
Back