new master cylinder or rebuild?

-
Parts guy is claiming they only came cast iron,yet there is the alum one in this pic?....Probably saying that because it's all he has in stock.

Anyways,the original cast iron master is for power or manual.Part # is the same for either. I have my master completely apart now,except ofr those little brass guys in the brake line holes.Cant see how they come out,was thinking they must have an allen wrench hole deep inside the metering hole,but I cant see in there.

So Im going to return the rebuild kit today. The master is way to pitted even after a good hone.
Fstfish,I have no idea why my parts guy seems to think theres no such thing as an alum Dak master,but he has been wrong before. At any rate all Lordco has in stock is cast so that is all they will sell.

Im just going to get a new cast one and be done with it.

Thanks all!

Should i go with thishttp://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Dodge/Dart/Centric/Brake_Master_Cylinder/1963/GT/6_Cyl_3-dot-7L/CE130-dot-63006.html?tlc=Brakes%2C+Suspension+%26+Steering&intcmpid=Product+Listings+Best+Seller or do you know of a better oem replacement? So the rebuid kit is a bad idea? Im trying to stay completely stock on my rebuild.

THIS IS A NO BRAINER. Buy the new one ( !!!!??????You get to keep the old one, right!!!!????? )

The new one is guaranteed, "your" rebuild job is NOT

You're assuming he's a dumbass and gonna get it wrong.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/s...teering&intcmpid=product+listings+best+seller this is what i was thinking of getting for my 63 dart gt. I would rather have a m/c rebuild kit. I have a leaky valve and cup i believe. Do u know where i can get a rebuild kit fir my original m/c? Thanks

the picture shows a stock single type master cylinder,,and looks era correct,,all tho the warranty doesnt seem to meet a lot of other suppliers,,,there are usually warrantied for life,,

it also says its a 1 inch bore,,,do you know what your master cyl bore is?

I still need to find material and resleeve my master,but this will be my approach. There is a local machine shop which I will seek some brass from.

-
Back