New member 1975 duster 360

-

Motley

Reaction score
Hi all..new here. I bought a 1975 duster 360 in August 2015.
The car runs but needed some tlc. The engine only has 18,000 km on it since it was redone.
So far I have redone the interior. Replaced old holly 750 with a demon 625. Also replaced old intake with a edelbrock performer. Replaced some electrical ( ballast,distributor and such ) and must say I got her running very good. Now that I have taken care of the mechanical tlc I am now starting the body work. Very little rust !
I decoded the fender tag and found out she was born in St. Louis in December 1974 made for sale in Canada
A factory 360 with a 727 torqueflite Trans and sure grip Dana diff
I picked it up for 3,500 thinking I got a good deal on her.
From what Ive been reading ... This car might be rare. Not sure, but if someone knows more about it , it sure would be appreciated !
If someone wants to tell me how to post some pics I gladly would
Thx

1st attempt at a pic. Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 209
Here are some more pics. Let me know what ya's think

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 195
Hopefully more than just one this time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 207
Welcome to the best A-body site around. The carb you chose should satisfy you and the engine even if you add 100 HP over stock. Good start so far.

Welcome to FABO, if your car's V.I.N. starts with VS29L5, it's one of 1,421 made total (U.S. and Canada) according to Galen's white books.
Pretty rare car if it's legit!

Hiya. I ran the vin and here's what it had to say. I also forgot to mention it has x 360 heads on it. And it was bored .30 over
Here's what the vin had to say
Thx guys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 192
Here's a pic of engine right after I got it running ace
Next pic is where it's at now redoing inside engine bay

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 150
Welcome aboard! Good bunch of info on this site and the cool thing it's dedicated to the A Body. Not sure of the production numbers but their are a low production car. I have a 75 Dart Sport all numbers matching and what I've been able to find, both models are low production with the Dart being less produced. I have all the info on my Dart but missing the fender tag. Low productions during Chrysler's last ditch effort on performance with the impending emissions crap looming, but overall the later A's with a smallblock are impressive. Check Allpar for some info on these cars, dusters and darts with the 360 package, enjoy. :D

Welcome from Colorado! Great find and a nice project:coffee2: Enjoy the site!!!

Dave,

-
Back