New member and perhaps new car on the way

-

Den's Dart

Reaction score
Hi just figured I should intro myself since I just registered. I am a new member in the Southern Ontario area. While I don't currently own any A body car I do have a line on a '70 Dart Swinger 340. It aint perfect but it does run and has "potential".

Never done much in the way of older car projects but I do know which of a screw driver to use. I have done some basic bike restos in the past but never something as big as this.

The one I may have coming is actually my bro's car and since he is into his 74 Vette pretty big right now he needs to make some room in the shop and also free up some cash. With any luck it will be in my possession within the month.

So far mainly lurking the site and doing lots of reading...so far very impressed with what you guys have to offer! I belong to a few bike forums as well.

Dennis

Dennis, it's with pleasure to be the first to welcome you to the car building hobby and to the best Mopar site on the net!!! You could do a lot worse than the little Swinger and finding this forum. We'll be here every step of the way to cheer you on, help with questions and parts, and to share in your successes.

Post a few pics when you get the car home. These guys are serious car **** addicts so try not to keep them waiting too long. (I'm an addict too ... but not exactly one of the guys. Heh hehhhh)

Great to have you here!!! :-D

Welcome from Arkansas Dennis :cheers:
One day I will see that great country up there
We have allot of members from the Ontario area 8)
Can't wait to see your 70 Dart Swinger, A very nice A body project :cheers:

Wow what a first mopar to start out with, a 70 340 Swinger! You've found the right resource Dennis, welcome and get us some pics soon... Good luck!

Thanks for the warm welcome!! Don't feel bad Mike, I have never made it to Arkansas either!

Well here is a pic from a couple of years ago when he first bought it. Can't say that it looks quite as good right now as he hasn't had room in the shop to store it indoors and our winters can be hard on car bodies. I know it will need a few things and alot of elbow grease and TLC. First things it will need are a new battery, headliner, tires (burnouts have that affect on rubber!).

I should have a better understanding of exactly what it needs in a few weeks when we can make the deal official and assuming we get decent weather for a day or 2 I can go up and pick it up.

Dennis

Welcome to FABO, Dennis. You're going to have fun here! Great people and the best A-body Mopar techs anywhere.
Your '70 340 Swinger is a great choice. Good styling and performance combo. Post some pics as soon as you get it home because :worthles:

Here's a pic of the '70 Swinger my club built as our 2009 charity project car. We installed a Paxton-supercharged 360/904 combo in it. Lucky raffle winner was from Las Vegas.

1970_Dodge_Dart_Swinger_built_by_Inland_Mopars (Small).jpg

Welcome. Nice car. Potential is understatement. We see far worse as project starters.

-
Back