New Member barn find Demon 340

-

71 Demon340

Reaction score
Hi guys, just started cleaning up my 71 Demon 340 that I found literally in a barn. The car has 27,000 miles on it and has not been cranked since 1974. The interior is in good shape and like the rest of the car needs TLC. There are no rust issues and with the exception of where the top meets the quarter panels on both sides the paint is OK. It is B5 blue. I have removed the plugs and I have filled the cylinders with Marvel Mystery oil. I have not tried to turn the motor, hope it is not stuck. This will be a project that I will take my time on. This is my first Mopar. I also have a 74 Hurst Olds W-30. I am sure I will be asking questions as I work on this car.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures and reading about your progress. Welcome to the board!

Yes, we must see this barn find!!! Welcome to FABO, your new home away from home!!! Geof

Welcome from a fellow Demon owner in Conroe, TX. Show us some pictures.

Interesting car. Tell us more.

Welcome to the site! The first thing us guys and gals ask is where are picture's of the car?

I will post some pics in the near future. To answer some of the questions... I work as a Auto Theft Task Force Investigator, during the course of my job I went to check VIN numbers on a trailer so the owner could get it registered. I spotted the car and asked to look at it.... Then asked if it was for sale and bought it. This gentleman had several cars and trucks and had bought this car for his wife, who opted to drive a vette instead.. So this one was parked next to a 67 GTX 440 4 speed with 67,000 miles on it and last registered in the early 80s. Next to that was a 71 LS5 4 speed vette and so on. Prior to me getting there he had sold a 69 Hemi Roadrunner. To go back a little... The first car I saw was a 64 Belvedere with a 426 max wedge which he will not sell. The GTX was being held for someone and if they do not come back soon, I will have my 2nd Mopar. He has already sold all of the other vehicles that he had with the exception of the vette and a 69 Chevy Impala with 427 badges on it. A couple more of the vehicles were a 79 Ford f-350 4 wheel drive that was new... It still had the window sticker on it and the paper plate on the dash. A 1958 Chevy Cameo that also was complete but had a, I think, a 454 put in it. The reason he is thinning the herd is because he has COPD and cannot work on things anymore. He had intended to restore these vehicles. One thing I did not mention was that the original spare was in the trunk in perfect condition. Hope this answered some of the questions. I do have one question, if anyone has a windshield washer cap, I will need one. The tank is perfect and actually still had blue washer fluid in it. When I pulled up on the cap it fell apart. Thanks

This sounds like a great car. Pictures help document how they were originally put together, paint markings, decal positioning etc. I cannot wait too see some details, such as trunk mat, and things that we don't get too see original very often if at all.
Welcome aboard!

This sounds like a great car. Pictures help document how they were originally put together, paint markings, decal positioning etc. I cannot wait too see some details, such as trunk mat, and things that we don't get too see original very often if at all.
Welcome aboard!

Agreed, I would love to see some pics.

Welcome! And I'm so glad you found your Demon!

This gentleman had several cars and trucks and had bought this car for his wife, who opted to drive a vette instead.. So this one was parked next to a 67 GTX 440 4 speed with 67,000 miles on it and last registered in the early 80s. Next to that was a 71 LS5 4 speed vette and so on. Prior to me getting there he had sold a 69 Hemi Roadrunner. To go back a little... The first car I saw was a 64 Belvedere with a 426 max wedge which he will not sell. The GTX was being held for someone and if they do not come back soon, I will have my 2nd Mopar. He has already sold all of the other vehicles that he had with the exception of the vette and a 69 Chevy Impala with 427 badges on it. A couple more of the vehicles were a 79 Ford f-350 4 wheel drive that was new... It still had the window sticker on it and the paper plate on the dash. A 1958 Chevy Cameo that also was complete but had a, I think, a 454 put in it.

The fact that you have a 74' W30 also and then ran across this ^^^^^^^^^^^ brings tears to my eyes :).

Keep us informed & enjoy FABO! :thumbrig:

-
Back