New member formula S 1966

-
IMG_0248.JPG
IMG_0250.JPG
IMG_0249.JPG
Just out of garage before pick up, hubcaps in the trunk

Looks as good as you said. Excited for you to get it home.

I know you are excited. Like waiting up on Christmas eve . Sorry for the apparent miss information I had provided, but the radio looks identical to one my friend has and he purchased it new in 1966. As for the rear end this is my 3rd one and all were 7 1/4 rear end. I would never tell anyone anything intentionally wrong.
But being 65 and retired I am always willing to learn from others.
Get some rest, I know you will be busy tomorrow.
How is your weather. Do you have a garage to store and work on your car. That is a wonderful thing to have especially in cold wet weather.

As far as getting it running quickly, have you thought about going to the parts store and picking up some essentials. Plugs, points, takes 2 sets of points if it is like my formula S. Carburetor kit if it has been sitting long, fresh fuel, that should get you started

As far as getting it running quickly, have you thought about going to the parts store and picking up some essentials. Plugs, points, takes 2 sets of points if it is like my formula S. Carburetor kit if it has been sitting long, fresh fuel, that should get you started
Tank is no good..... leaks will search for parts tonight, Again many thanks! (Knowledge is power)

I replaced the fuel tank and pump, had the carb rebuilt. Replaced the leaf springs and the shocks, replaced brake lines, master cylinder and relined the brakes. Had the transmission rebuilt, mine is an automatic. Ordered kit from PST and have rebuilt the front suspension. I have the paint, carpet, headliner, upholstery and weather-stripping and front and rear window gaskets and several other things I may not have thought of. I will still need a few things, but am ready to get mine going. My 65 is all stock but I am considering upgrading the ignition system. I'm ready for you to report you have the motor running.

"As for the rear end this is my 3rd one and all were 7 1/4 rear end. I would never tell anyone anything intentionally wrong." Tadams

their out there!!!....mine was ordered with an 8 3/4...still have it...swapped out the 3.23's - 741 cone case for a 489 case to put a set of 4.10's in her to go with my 273 mods

"As for the rear end this is my 3rd one and all were 7 1/4 rear end. I would never tell anyone anything intentionally wrong." Tadams

their out there!!!....mine was ordered with an 8 3/4...still have it...swapped out the 3.23's - 741 cone case for a 489 case to put a set of 4.10's in her to go with my 273 mods
Looking for complete tune up package can't find a full kit,
Cap, dual point, wires, plugs, condenser, carb kit, any ideas otherwise have to order all separate. Thanks all

I don't know of anyone that sells a complete kit. When I worked at Advance, we didn't many tune up parts for them but could order. Call around before you drive.

Not sure about your location, but in North Carolina if you go to NAPA they don't know what a Barracuda is. Tell them to look up Valiant and the Barracuda is listed below that. I ordered the parts individually for mine.

You might be surprised what it looks like if you simply buff it. I've had several cars that look like a (1/4) million bucks after a few hours.

And that buffing will always make them run better

And that buffing will always make them run better
1/4 million bucks, I think if I rub that paint I might have to tie a rope around my waist so I don't fall through the paint. She is a real looker ".....................................................from 400 miles away lol driver just picked her up.

Do you think you are going to be able to sleep tonight?

Just curious, once you have finished polishing and making it shine, are you planning on staying with the same color. Mine was gold with a gold interior. I decided to change the color to ivory exterior with gold interior and add gold stripes. Have purchased the paint, but have reconsidered and am probably going to stay with the original color combo.

Well I figured leave it as it was born, it will be loved as an ew child at 50 years reborn and adored as it was meant to be. Hopefully when I am gone again it will be taken care of.....

The Motorola AM-FM would be cool to keep. Sure beats the remote FM converters that came along about that time and were horrible for reception and sound quality.

Anyway $139.95 for the aftermarket radio seems like a stiff price for 1966. I don't know how much money a Chrysler dealer would have charged for a Mopar radio, but I did find a 1966 accessory price sheet for that lists the AM/FM radio $86.72. I think this is a dealers price and not retail. But it seems a Chrysler dealer could have been price competitive for someone wanting an AM/FM radio. Apparently the owner of your Barracuda thought otherwise or perhaps the Chrysler dealership sold and installed Motorola radios.

View attachment 1715012534
As I read looks like there was a minimum to order of 8 or 25 by dealer? Read a law suit against GM, Ford and Crysler for the radio delete option, the owners were pissed how the dealers charged for the time for install after and the owners if attempting to install took half the time the dealers charged for. The suit was lost by the consumers.

As I read looks like there was a minimum to order of 8 or 25 by dealer? Read a law suit against GM, Ford and Crysler for the radio delete option, the owners were pissed how the dealers charged for the time for install after and the owners if attempting to install took half the time the dealers charged for. The suit was lost by the consumers.
I think the minimum order of 8 was required to get the direct price and they would be shipped "direct" from the manufacturer thus the lower price each.
A dealer could order just one, but at the higher price.

-
Back