New member formula S 1966

-
IMG_0258.JPG
Ok Suprise

That is awesome. I have never found one that complete in my early A's.

I GUESS THEM MICKEY MOUSES COULDNT EAT TO MUCH..... THANK YOU DISNEY LAND
Great you found the broadcast sheet and fortunately it's still very readable. A couple of things I see on the sheet.
#1- The broadcast sheet does shows the car built without fast ratio manual steering. The number "8" would have appeared under "628". With no number there, it would mean either standard steering or power steering (and if power steering then a "6" would be found under "456". But a fast ratio manual box could have been added later by the owner.

#2 -The #1 under "691" indicates a sold car....in other words, it was a car built to a customers' specifications.

#3- The # "2" under "52" shows the car was ordered with just the windshield tinted. A little surprising all windows tinted ("1" if so) wasn't specified since it was a hot west car ordered with A/C. The rear window was tinted as standard equipment on all early Barracudas.

#4- No number under "42" indicates the car was ordered without a radio. The Motorola AM/FM was added later.

Keep us informed and good luck as you start the process.

The seats had covers placed over the original seats, thought for sure the sheet would have been long gone. There is a motor on the pass fender well appears to be for wiper spray but no reservoir. One side says wip with hose going to wiper area the other side says res no hose there missing. No kidding has the original spark plug wires........the inside as well is 100% original, headliner stitching separated as the visors same. Carpet is complete no holes cigarette lighter like new. I am very impressed with the overall condition solid solid car......

Sounds like you picked a winner! Are the floor pans solid, mine were not good at all. Replaced those. Keep searching for more surprises.

Hubcaps are perfect all but 1 lug missing. All seatbelt retractable work. Console very good cond. dash pad perfect. All a/c intact, there is a diverter valve for heat appears a bypass direct to heater core was done but Is present. Points are waisted nothing left to file. Underside amazingly clean.....

Hubcaps are perfect all but 1 lug missing. All seatbelt retractable work. Console very good cond. dash pad perfect. All a/c intact, there is a diverter valve for heat appears a bypass direct to heater core was done but Is present. Points are waisted nothing left to file. Underside amazingly clean.....
Crisp shift into all 4 gears no play. Reverse lifts and unlocks perfect.

I have a little catching up to do here. Welcome to FABO and congratulations on your score. It looks straight, solid and complete. This will be a fun one for us all. I have a 66 Dart, HP273/4 speed. Mine is ZZ1 paint code also. Mine is so faded you can't tell until you open the trunk lid. I will be back in a few minuites with some part numbers for your dual point. I've been down that road before. toolmanmike

NAPA/ Echlin points # CS721A is the number you need. If you choose to switch to electronic ignition, Pertronix has a kit #1383 that will work in your dual point. I have been down that road before too. LOL Here's a thread about the points and about the Pertronix kit.

Points for 66 273 dual point

Pertronix kit for HP 273 dual point

Last edited:
Great stuff THANK YOU,,,,,,!
There, I got all the info on one page. WOW!!! What a nice build sheet! At the bottom of this post is a link to my 273 build thread. Just for fun.

Which hubcaps do you have, if it is the mag type like mine I can probably find one for you. Does your car have left and right hand threads like mine or have they been changed.

Are these the caps you have. Are the lug nuts the 2 in ones and do you need left or right side. I am working the next 3 days, but will find you one Thursday.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_$_3.jpg

Good deal. That is fantastic. I had purchased a good set from a member here and have a few extra's

-
Back