New Member From Calgary, AB, Canada

-

Nothing But Mopar

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Joined the site today because I am strongly considering joining the A Body Family and want to snoop around a bit and ask some questions before I take the plunge.

I currently own a 1973 Dodge Challenger 440 RT Tribute Car (they're not Clones anymore :yawinkle:), a 1967 Chrysler Newport 4 Door, 383, 2 bbl (unrestored) and a 1966 Chrysler Windsor 2 Door (equivalent to the US Newport) 383, 2bbl (being restored).

My good friend Paul in Idaho whom I bought the Challenger from, has offered me first dibs on restoring a 1969 Dodge Dart GT. It was originally a 6 cyl car, but now has a big block k member with a 318 in it. It is a rust free car with some dents and dings and a trashed interior but has a nice solid foundation to start. I would go hemi orange, black rear stripe, black hood and hood scoops and possibly a 340/360 depending on how the resto were to go .... leave the engine for the end and see where the budget is at that time, if it's creeping higher than planned then paint the 318 and upgrade later.

Paul just picked up the car last week and is confident it is the original paint job and the GT emblems appear to be factory holes, the VIN does start LP23 but is there any actual identifying codes that would say for sure that this is a true GT?

If I proceed I will need to sell the Challenger so I need to make sure I would be as happy with a Dart as the Challenger.

I'll post some pics of my cars soon and start asking and snooping around.
Thank You
Gary

Welcome to FABO! The LP23 should be for a GT. The P stood for Premuim for the trim package for the GT model I believe. I have a 67 GT and it is a LP23 car as well.

-
Back