new member from michigan

-
IMG_1156.JPG
IMG_1156.JPG
again, thanks for the welcome(s) fella's. been busy and haven't had a lot of duster time this summer.. got a nice surprise earlier this week, I have been invited to woodward dream cruise/roadkill drags. going to run in small tire class. Hope to meet/see some fabo members at event. as usual car will be set on kill:thumbsup:

Welcome, nice Duster, my sister lives in Birmingham, 2 streets off Woodward but I can't make it this year. Good luck.

thanks but luck wasn't on my side this year. since I was invited to roadkill deal i wasn't up to speed on the ins and outs. car wouldn't pass tech as front tires aren't/weren't DOT. wtf?
lesson learned. I will be back for next years event, if im picked.

anyways after breaking trans at beginning of year, I spun some rod bearings to finish season.
pulled motor out and some minor damage was found. that's racing!!

so now its time for major upgrades
1. have edelbrock heads, no work done but the new trick flows look sweet. im hearing they flow better than edelbrocks with work right out of the box??? any one using them yet?
2. does anyone know who has the fastest magnum a body on this site??? looking for some et's and mph maybe 60' times???

thanks,motorcitymagnum
IMG_1548.JPG

I used to run a junkyard 5.9 magnum naturally aspirated. If you search my content you can find some threads. It did a best of 7.47 in the 1/8th. I think my 60ft times were in the low 1.50s back then.

first off im hoping everyone is doing ok. no doubt we all have been under stress. just a quick update on 5.9l magnum build. ill keep it short and if you have any questions about build, feel free to ask.
take care fella's motorcity magnum
007.JPG
008.JPG

Clean build, its obvious this isn't your first rodeo! Putting the extra time to good use.

thanks guys! wife has been after me for years to take up different hobby. other than the crazy hoarders its as good as one can expect. bench racing---that's funny!!:rofl: definitely cheaper! really like set up with backyard. that's hopefully the next project on list.
be safe everyone!!! thanks,motorcity magnum

going to be doing some bench racing?
Ha!Ha! Actually cutting 46” out of it to put in a nook in the entry way for a place to sit down to take off or put on shoes. I have both ends, so I may make a bench out of part of what is left. Should be working on the Duster.

F7A02B1C-9B64-4D96-9EB7-5AB7CAFF9910.jpeg

Meanwhile, back at the ranch. Looks like a pretty stout top end, is that your new heads? With the upgrade i guess you're planning a cam to take advantage which means your intake/carb may need upgrading too. Do you have an overall game plan figured out? Personally I'll never see the kind of build you had, so I'm kinda living your build.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch. Looks like a pretty stout top end, is that your new heads? With the upgrade i guess you're planning a cam to take advantage which means your intake/carb may need upgrading too. Do you have an overall game plan figured out? Personally I'll never see the kind of build you had, so I'm kinda living your build.
thanks 69conv! same heads from the last 2 years but had them cnc'd,, same with intake with some plenum work. comp cams hooked me up with new bumpstick. a little more compression and going to 850 carb. game plan is to break into 9's with magnum motor. real street car!!
thanks! motorcity magnum!

Are you achieving your extra compression with head modifications or will the cam do that for you?

both. finally had car out last week for test and tune. nice and easy motor only pass, right off of trailer and ran 11.73 @ 118mph. very happy! still doing some checks and tweak's but ill be out next weekend at no et. event and we will see what happens. stepped up on nitrous so its time to let her rip!!!!
IMG-1957.jpg

Wow!!! THat is an awesome mean looking Duster! Congrats on a great build! Very nicely done!

thanks 65! still fine tuning and slowly working on minor setup issues. ran a 10.33 at 129mph last week. very slow 60 ft but has more in it. I will have a magnum360 in the 9's. nice video !
motorcitymagnum!

-
Back