New member from South Africa!

-
South African Mopars share a lot with Australian one's....although we got the left overs in the parts bins! My '67 Monaco has dashboard akin to the '65's in the US etc.... That said, we never had two-door Dart Swinger or Monaco's...to name two. Most parts have to be imported from the US/Canada/Aus at great cost.

Ters.

Welcome to FABO, glad you found us, those are some sweet cars! I saw quite a few old Fords and Chevys while in Cape Town several years ago but no Mopars... I'm glad to hear there some around.

Joe

Welcome and that's a beautiful Valiant Charger!

Since you point out the similarity with Aussie models, was the Hemi 265 marketed in ZA? I got overly excited about them when doing some research on Slant sixes before buying a classic Mopar.

Welcome and that's a beautiful Valiant Charger!

Since you point out the similarity with Aussie models, was the Hemi 265 marketed in ZA? I got overly excited about them when doing some research on Slant sixes before buying a classic Mopar.

Thank you for the kind words! Unfortunately no Hemi Sixes made it to our shores...nor any V engine A-Body. Some hotted up conversions were available, comprising of Intake, Exhaust, Camshaft swaps.

Nowadays guys are literally giving away their old slants in favour of 318/340 even 383 conversions into A's.

My vitamins A & C....

Ters.

Attachments

• 20150923_160013.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 72
Welcome! Nice to see another SA valiant on here! I searched high and low for a nice Charger in SA but had no luck! I ended up getting a very clean and original 74 Regal and imported it to the states. Its been here for a little while and is receiving some "modifications". The car came out of Johannesburg so its rust free. I looked at so many rusty cars I thought I would never find a rust free one lol. Here are a few pics of her currently.

Attachments

• 20150907_135725_resized_1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 20150907_135752_resized.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 20150923_145517_resized.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 56
-
Back