New Member from the Canadian Wet Coast

-

Island67DartGT

Reaction score
Thank you for adding me on FABO. I've read many articles on your site. Trying to apply a lot of the info I found onto my 67 Dart GT. Planning to add a 383/ 727 and an 8 3/4 rear to it one day soon. Learning a alot from many of you already. Will be asking A LOT of questions soon. lol

Now if only there was an easier way to post a pic of my car on here #-o

Attachments

• 20160408_104544.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 186
Welcome aboard from Victoria , we have a very active group of FABO guys here on the island and Mike from Parksville is involved in promoting a Mopar only show in May that many are planning to attend if you want a chance to connect in person .
Damn you Darwin you type fast lol

I know Mike in Parksville and have met him. I am hoping to get my car there for the meet next month. But she is limping on 5 cylinders ATM. Sick /6 right now

Thanks for the Welcome. I know there are quite a few Dart Owners on the island

Welcome to the site..

If you need a hand figuring out what's wrong with that motor, send me a PM with your phone #, and we can set up a time.. cheers..

Welcome from the other side of the Straight!

Thank you for all the welcomes and comments Guys. Thought I'd post a few more pics of my Dart. She's not perfect, has the usual rust in the quarters and lower front fenders. And a ding in the drivers front fender. But the complete underside is in great condition. Currently has a Slant 6 225 in it, but plans are for a 383; 727 trans and an 8 3/4 rear, along with other front end updates. Has been dry stored for over 20+ years prior to me buying it in January this year. Hasn't seen the road in awhile till now. So far she is running well, even if she has a dead cylinder from a bent pushrod. Hoping to fix that this weekend. And a little electrical issue in the instrument panel. Hopefully I can fix that over time.

Some of the pics show the Dart with Dog Dish caps, but have since removed them. Not a huge fan of the Granny look. lmao!!! Also changed the back tires to 235 - 60 R14's. The Whitewalls were old F78 14's and rotten.
Enjoy!!!!!!

Attachments

• 20160408_104517.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 20160305_150445.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 20160305_150532.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 20160327_144016.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 134
Welcome to FABO,gotta love the 67's.

Was that the Dart that was advertised for sale in Port Alberni that had been off the road for quite a few years? If so,good to see someone step up and get it on the road again.

Yes it is. :)

Cool.I was tempted to head up there and take a look at it but I was afraid I would like it too much and buy it and then have to figure out where to store it and how to find the time to work on it.You saved me a lot of stress already.

Regarding the bent pushrod...if you haven't already,you might want to check the valve that the pushrod was actuating and make sure it's not stuck.That could be what caused the bent rod,especially after starting a motor that hasn't ran for a long time.

Thanks. The previous owner said he had it running before. I already checked the valve and it does move when I hit it with a hammer (Gently) of course. It might have been stuck previously. I added some Sea Foam to the oil to help lubricate the motor and clean it. Just have to try and get the lifter in and try installing the rod again and adjust the valve. If that don't work then I'll park it and yank it out and start prepping the car for a big motor ;) lol

Welcome from Whidbey Island! That sounds great that your car had a good spell off the road, good luck with her. We've come up to that show in Parksville, really like it. My car is still far from being on the road tho.

Sadly, the ole 6 bent a couple more pushrods. Not sure why as she seemed to run ok. But I guess I will be starting this Project - "Devils Dart" earlier then planned. Out goes the six and eventually in goes a 383. Already have a Schumacher kit to start with. Includes, Tri Y headers, Engine mounts for /6 K Member, Torque Strap, shim kit and R/BB oil pan with pick up. Also have a pair of 75 Scamp Disc Brake spindles but their not complete. Also hoping to bring home a 1968 Newport that will be my donor car for the 383/ 727 & 8 3/4 "Sure Grip" rearend soon.

Newport rear end is going to be a bit wide...search for an a body one ,or have that Newport one cut down and buy big bolt, A body axles for it.

It's been slow lately, but so far found an E Body 8 3/4 rear housing to cut down and a pair of A Body axles that are drilled for both 4" & 4.5" bolt pattern. Next step is to have housing cut and welded to fit the Dart. Looking for a 3rd member now. 742 or 489 preferred. Sure Grip would be a bonus. Anyone? Cheaper the better. lol Also if anyone knows of a 383 or 400, running or not and not expensive. Please let me know.

-
Back