New member here, Just a kid with dreams

-

Oddity360

Reaction score
Hey there! I just figured I'd make myself an account on here and a couple other boards...I don't exactly have an A body, But I've always looked around on the forums and I love the community a lot! So many helpful and knowledgeable people around here..I used to have an account as well when I had a 72 duster

I'm beginning the restoration process for my beautiful...If slightly worn out '74 360 Four Barrel Challenger...We've had the car since about 1996 and I would have been three years old when I first looked out the window and saw it pull into the driveway for the first time...Yes, I was a Mopar kid before I even knew what it was

Here is the earliest photo I can find of the car at the moment. Around 2007 I think
301948_1603398702439_1760255707_776483_933763234_n.jpg

Here's a little history behind the car...I know how we Mopar guys love our history! (And our pictures ;) ). Okay so, The car was originally built up as a Demo car for some dealership executive's wife... After being driven for however many miles as a "Demo" car it was sold to the Tower operator at the same dealership.

Here's some pictures of the car in its current state.. I'm going to treat her with lots of tender love and sandpaper in the years to come...

It's got the white top treatment
Blue2.jpg

Eventually, the tower operater guy at the dealership the car was from sold the car to my dad to be a daily driver for a few years then sanctioned to be a Family restoration project...Life eventually happened and a once organised project ended up in disarray...

Big smile, Say cheese!
IMG_2247.jpg

IMG_2237.jpg

My dad eventually got a hold of a '71 340 Duster and 3 1/2 years ago, He gave the Challenger to my eldest brother. Having not done a lot on the car and being much more into imports and tuners, And having just bought a Right hand drive MR2 my oldest brother randomly announced that he wanted to give me the challenger as a christmas gift.

Ice Ice Baby
IMG_2241.jpg

At this point I was settling for a little 318 '74 duster and always looking at the B5 Blue beauty in envy every time I saw it...I couldn't believe the car I grew up in for five years and looked at in awe for my whole life would actually be mine!

IMG_2448.jpg

This challenger is a bit of an Oddity (Hence the name ;) ) It's actually a Base challenger, It has the Rallye hood option... but as you can see for some reason It has the baseline gauge cluster.

Gauge the Enthusiasm
IMG_2446.jpg

IMG_2244.jpg

IMG_2444.jpg

It has the Rallye buckets and Console, White interior of course.

IMG_2453.jpg

IMG_2452.jpg

My eventual plan, Aside from sculpting this beautiful car back into it's original beauty, Is to Bore my 360 into a 408 and install an EZ-EFI kit from F.A.S.T, Aluminum heads, Equal length headers...All In all a humble setup. I know my 360's being nice and taken care of at the moment...

281572_10150712871495543_684760542_19768104_5469085_n.jpg

Glad to be part of the community! I look forward to gaining the knowledge of my fellow mopar guys! :2thumbs:

Welcome to FABO Oddity360!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• Picture2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 193
Welcome to our humble site!! You have quite a nice little project going with a 360 Challenger, quite a rare breed indeed!! I also love your heading to this thread!! Ah, to be a kid with dreams again... I'm just an old man with nightmares!!!LOL!!! Welcome again, make yourself at home!!! Geof

Welcome... always good to have another Moparian... You did register at FEBO too yes?

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I hope to hear some good solid advice from you guys in the years to come, And you long time members have a big treat in store! Yes, I did make an account on the E Body forum but the atmosphere and activity level on the A body forum is so much nicer!

Ma Snart, That is one Beeeeeeeeautiful Barracuda!!!! I am seriously jealous... I think they are the first mopar I ever really fell in love with! A white 68 Barracuda fastback with massive slicks..I must have been less then eight years old

You too cuda20, Absolutely astounding :thumbrig: Do you have a project log?

70DartMike, I hail from the oh so beautiful killer capital of Alberta :violent1:

Thank you all for your input, Haha I know how lucky I am to have such a beautiful machine at such a young age....For no cost at that, I hope she's as solid as she looks..I'm going to treat this beautiful lady the way she ought to be treated

Oh and here's a little story I just remembered, The winter after the year the first picture was taken, The roof of the barn the Challenger was being stored in collapsed...Talk about timing!

Oddity360, Thanks for the kind words. I have been in love with the 2nd gen fastbacks since I bought a purple Hot Wheels Cuda back in 1969 (Yeah I am old).

What a nice background to your car. Good luck on the rebuild. Enjoy the journey.

Looked thru my Cuda pictures and this was the only white Cuda with big rear tires I could find. Hope you enjoy the pictures and the site

Ma Snart

Attachments

• White Cuda 1.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 104
  • White Cuda 2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 110
  • White Cuda 3.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 95
Welcome to the greatest car site in the world. :cheers:

-
Back