New Member Hooked a 65 Barracuda!!!!

-

shortcake

Reaction score
Hi I am new to the Mopar A body and I have hooked myself a 65 Barracuda, it has been a nice car at one time but since it has been sitting under a tree for the past 5 or so years. Here are a few pictures of it, I have been trying to clean it up.and as time goes by there will be more pics to come. My husband and I are looking forward to any help or suggestions especially in our area. Marion, North Carolina.......Thanks

Attachments

• My NEW CAR 001.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 151
  • My NEW CAR 002.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 150
  • My NEW CAR 003.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 157
  • My NEW CAR 009.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 152
welcome to FABO shortcake , looks like a good find, is there a hole in the hood for a hood scoop? I see a V8 emblem on the car so it's a 273 car.

Hi, and Welcome. I'm hooked a 65 as well. I am in Kernersville NC. Fantastic site with tons of information, just ask.

X2!!

BTW, if that is a metal fan shroud for a 22" radiator I see in that under hood picture hang on to it, that's a rare and spendy item!

That's not an "if", that's what it is!!! You'll need that I'm sure!!!

Welcome to FABO, love the Cuda, that'll clean up real nice!!!

Thanks a lot I really could use all the help I can get to get this thing running .....yes there is a hole in the hood for a twin snorkel scoop, and yes a metal fan shroud,....it has a 340 in it right now not sure how it sounds yet, it has been sitting for a while and trying to get it looked over before trying to start it .....any suggestions would be helpful .....thanks in advance

welcome!! yes looks like nice car, should clean up real good.

been siting 5 years. for starters I would pull the plugs, soak cylinders in marvel mystery oil, or similar product. some people will tell you to prime the oiling system before starting too.( first replace oil) . soaking the carb with product called seafoam will help the gaskets not leak, for initial start up anyway, carb cleaning and rebuild would no doubt be necessary. if points, replace and condenser.etc etc.. lots of info, just hit search button.
I have a 65 273 cuda that is just waiting exh and it will tool down the road!!! and again, welcome!!!!

welcome!! yes looks like nice car, should clean up real good.

been siting 5 years. for starters I would pull the plugs, soak cylinders in marvel mystery oil, or similar product. some people will tell you to prime the oiling system before starting too.( first replace oil) . soaking the carb with product called seafoam will help the gaskets not leak, for initial start up anyway, carb cleaning and rebuild would no doubt be necessary. if points, replace and condenser.etc etc.. lots of info, just hit search button.
I have a 65 273 cuda that is just waiting exh and it will tool down the road!!! and again, welcome!!!!

Thanks for the good info ....I will surely try all you have mentioned. :thumbup:

I have a question, as you can see in my pics, my car doesn't have any mirror's so I am wondering if it came with some or if someone has taken them off? .....I would like to put some on it if anyone has any for sale ......thanks in advance

Welcome to FABO. Nice Barracuda you found there.

Welcome shortcake! Nice Barracuda. :prayer: I live a few miles west of Asheville, and go thru Marion pretty often on my way to Spruce Pine. I'm 57, and been fooling with Mopars since I was a kid. If I can be of any help, let me know. :D

shortcake, they came with what is called a " twin post mirror". they used them for several years and very common, used. be sure the mirror is tight on its swivel, and the chrome is in acceptable condition for your wants. of course the glass needs to be where you can see with it!
I have seen them new for like $120, but I never have bought one and could not say what the quality is. I have bought them used in good condition for $25-30 for good ones.

shortcake, they came with what is called a " twin post mirror". they used them for several years and very common, used. be sure the mirror is tight on its swivel, and the chrome is in acceptable condition for your wants. of course the glass needs to be where you can see with it!
I have seen them new for like $120, but I never have bought one and could not say what the quality is. I have bought them used in good condition for $25-30 for good ones.

Be careful when you mount the side view mirrors on the doors so they don't interfere with the vent window opening all the way... #-o

-
Back