New Member in search for advice..

-

Buckshot952

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm a virgin when it comes to dodges, I just bought a 72 dart swinger. My question is is it better to keep it stock with the factory color and the original slant 6..or put a v8, change the color, put in disc breaks I just don't want to frowned upon..If its ok to change it up what is a good place to find the upgraded parts..Thanks:newb:

Welcome to FABO! Go ahead, its your car, it will be worth more if you upgrade it to a V8 and add the good brakes. Got ant pictures?

I will agree 100 % with Keith on this. And then I will add the following

:worthles:

Welcome to the BEST Mopar site in the world.

It's a slant 6, pretty much what ever you do to it will increase its value.

Welcome, the only consideration in not changing it would be if it's a rare production car.

Hello all, I'm a virgin when it comes to dodges, I just bought a 72 dart swinger. My question is is it better to keep it stock with the factory color and the original slant 6..or put a v8, change the color, put in disc breaks I just don't want to frowned upon..If its ok to change it up what is a good place to find the upgraded parts..Thanks:newb:

I just don't want to frowned upon

first off unless they are paying the bills who the hell cares what others think or if you will be frowned upon?

second. its a 72 slant six dart. not rare at all and not worth a ton of money. build it however you want. change the color, put a big block in it make a convertible out of it.. its your money and your car do what you want.

as far as upgraded parts go it all depends what you are looking for.

Agree with all the above comments, but just want to add, "Just make sure it's a Mopar V8 you put in it or you'll surely kill the value!"

Well things have changed..I uploaded some pictures..Plus I had time yesterday to check out the car. I bought the car almost sight unseen just from a picture. The owner told me it was a slant six..well the daughter, it was her grandfathers car. Original owner, California car. I opened the hood and it was a 318..checked with the inner fender sticker and it was a factory 318 with power steering and front disc breaks..so I was happy. I don't know too much about dodges,but I'm thinking its a good thing..I mean it not a 340 or 360, but at least its not a slant 6..

Attachments

• 20130617_170510.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 167
  • 20130617_170540.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 194
  • 20130617_170546.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 200
Welcome aboard this great site Buckshot952 wow! great deal on the V8 Dart.

Why do you guys on the west coast keep getting these awesome cars for 500.00, in the midwest for 500.00 you better be on the phone with AMD to get every body panel replaced as soon as you get home with it. What a great score! Good luck and whether it be an old dodge or plymouth a body you will love it and hate it at the same time :banghead:

You are going to have fun with those KH disc brakes. That said look under the rear of the car and look at the rearend. If you see no bolts you really luck out (8.75 rear), if not you have either a 7.25 or 8.25. If its the 7.25, just start looking for either the 8.75 or 8.25 rear now.

Fantastic find! In 2008 when I bought mine, I paid $6K. Drove it from Fresno, CA back to Illinois. Pretty much all original, with 318, AC, 904 and 8 3/4. Zero rust. Engine weak, tranny slipped, rear end howled.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the awesome deal!

Careful with the /6 comments btw, some members here will get pissy over those.:laughing:

Nice find. Do the research,find the costs.Then think about,what you expect out of it.

Welcome to the site.
Looks like a pretty nice car.
Some more pics please, Sides, front, back,
trunk, eng compartment.
And please remove the jumper cables off the interior.:tongue:

-
Back