New Member, Old Mopar Gearhead

-

DaveGrant

Reaction score
Hello, I'm happy to have joined this site. I'm an old Mopar guy who has owned several A-Body Darts including a 69 340 GTS Convertible, 69 340 Swinger, 69 GT 6 Cylinder Dart, and a couple of Big Block B Bodies. I currently own a 69 340 Dart Swinger. I purchased this car almost a year ago, and I have to remind myself that it's not 20 years old any more. I'm sure I will find plenty of help on this site in my quest to fix this car up. Thanks for any help I receive! Dave

Hey Dave,
My son and I discovered this site about 2 months ago right after we found him an original owner 74 Dart Swinger that we're fixing up for him as his first car, (he's 14). This site has been great for information on the various areas of the car, ie: brakes, trans, rear end, etc... We have a thread going under the members restorations section. My first car was a 69 Dodge Polara. I've also had a 69 Coronet 440 and my current ride a 97 Ram 1500 4X4 with 8in total lift and 37in tires. Numerous newer Dodges as well.
I know what you mean about not being 20 any more. My back has been killing me working on his car with him, haha. But I'd rather be sore from that rather than doing yard work or the like. Good to have you on here.

Welcome and enjoy the site. This is a unique group! Very helpful....keep reading

69 Dart 340 4 speed with A/C AM/FM AND a bunch of other options.

Hi Dave: Nothing wrong with being old. My first car was a 38 Ford with a Merc engine, skirts, blue dots, etc. You can see where I'm coming from. Welcome to the site. Lots of good advice to be had here. Howard

Welcome DaveGrant.
Glad to have you on board with us.
Jump on in and make yourself at home.

welcome to FABO.
Winter is a good time to join cause it'll take you about 4 months to catch up on your reading here.:-D
Heck, It'll take a couple days just to read CaptainKirks thread:read2::notworth:

Welcome to FABO Dave! Glad to have you here, sounds like you had some nice A bodies in the past. Post some pics of your Dart when you get a chance, we love pics here.

Welcome. This is a great site that usually stays casual so you should enjoy it like the rest of us. Cool car you have there.

Welcome Dave!:wave: Great bunch of people here on FABO, you'll like it here.
I'm also currently building a '69 Dart to be similar to the '69 340 Swinger I bought used in November '69. Had so much fun with that car I just had to have something similar. Still kicking myself for selling it years ago.
So, what's the plan? Full resto or more along the restification line?
Pics! Pics! Must have pics!
:worthles:

Welcome aboard, and what OC said....we love pics.

69 Swinger1 (Small).JPG

-
Back