New member restoring a 65 Cuda Formula S.

-

MLB

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I stumbled across FABO when searching the web for parts for my 1965 Barracuda Formula S. By the looks of it the site looks pretty awesome.

I have a 1965 Barracuda Formula S that my father has owned since the 70s. The car not has been road ready since I was about 5 which was 23 years ago. He gave it me a couple years ago knowing that I would someday put the time into it and make her come alive. The car is pretty rough, but for the most part complete. Before my father purchased it someone removed the 273 and put a 340 in it so its not original. Last week I finally started working on it and the engine still runs hard. Being my first car I have ever attempted to restore I have a lot to learn and to spend!

Does anyone know anywhere I could purchase a whole new floor pan for the car? Seems anything 67 or above is all I can find.

Welcome MLB. Rockauto does not list floor pans for the early Barracuda, but does list them for the early Valiant, I would expect them to be the same, but not positive. Perhaps someone else here knows. And always ask anyone here what the latest "discount code" is, its good for another 5% off their low prices.

Thanks guys for the welcome, and clifftt I appreciate it. I am pretty sure that the Valiant is the same floor pan also. I will check it out. I was unaware about discount codes also. Thank again.

I just bought my first car ever to restore, and I have a budget of zero dollars, but I'm learning quick. You already seem like you probably have a better base of knowledge than I do too, so there you go! But I love the cuda, and I appreciate the struggle it is to find parts for pre 67 cars. Hard to find a lot of parts easy for my 65 dart.

I had a look at one earlier this year....nice cars. I don't know what year this one is.

Thanks for the welcome guys. Caferacerx that site will be very helpful. I need quarters to and I see they have those.

Welcome to FABO, MLB! You're going to have fun here.
Lots to learn? Lots of information here. I've never seen a question go unaswered. Best A-body site around!

Welcome to the best Mopar site on the net! You'll have a blast here, learn a lot more than you ever expected, and meet some lifelong friends.

Check with Sherman & Associates too. They do some nice quality sheet metal though I'm not positive if they have anything for the Early A's.

Keep us posted on your progress and don't be shy with the questions. :-D

Welcome , real nice car you have there . This is the right site for info and parts . Just joined as well , have gotten lots of great advice on what to do great bunch of people here .
Good luck with the car !

Added a new gas tank and Edelbrock carb and the engine runs well! The funny thing was someone had the distributor cap on backwards. Ran a lot better when I turned it the right way. I ordered a new electronic distributor because this one still has points. I have new intake also to install.

I do not know much about these transmissions but it seems that it has no throttle valve cable. I do not under stand that?

-
Back