New member saying hi

-

sconut1

Reaction score
Thought I should post here and introduce myself....I've posted a few posts here, but was waiting to have my Valiant in the garage before throwing this out here.

My first Valiant was a '69 Two Hundred six cylinder car. I drove it in the late 80s. Fast forward to today.... I wanted a second classic car. I've always had a soft spot for A bodies, so decided that an A body was going to be the choice as a stablemate to my '57 Plymouth.

I found my Valiant, or rather a friend of mine found the ad over the Christmas holidays and passed the info on to me. My car is a 1974 Valiant Brougham. I sent the seller a deposit over Chistmas and the last week of January, I drove to California, completed the purchase of the car and drove it back to Canada after the car had a few spa days at a Pep Boys location becoming roadworthy.

The car has a lot of options on in in relation to my old 1969 Valiant. It has Power Steering, brakes, A/C, a V8, factory AM/FM radio, and a heck of a lot fancier interior.

The interior of my car is pretty ratty though, so I'll be replacing the carpet, headliner, dashpad, and having the top 1/2 of the back seat recovered at a minimum. There's a few electrical nigilies that I need to deal with as well.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with the car. Body wise, other than a whisky ding in the right front fender, the car is straight and appears to be rust-free. I'm looking forward to getting this car fixed up and on the road.

Welcome to the fray! Everyone here loves photos :canada:

Welcome from North Carolina. We do love pictures here. Congratulations on finding your Valiant

Welcome to FABO, what part of Alberta are you from?
Sounds like a good project, nothing like getting a rust free car to start with!
I'm in Lethbridge, and might have a few odds and ends that you might need for your car...........

WELCOME -- From Pa. -- Come here more often. -- Good, and knowledgeable, people here.

Welcome from the People's Republic of Commiefornia! Post pics! I hope you got pics of your road trip.

hey - you stole my line!!

Fray...it's one of those words you don't see very often. I'm still not sure why I even used it. Definitely not trying to steal your catch-phrase Mike, ha! Interesting definition...

fray2
frā/battle, fight, engagement, conflict, clash, skirmish, altercation, tussle, struggle, scuffle, melee, brawl, fracas; More
informalscrap, set-to
"two men started the fray"
Origin
late Middle English: from archaic fray ‘to quarrel,’ from affray ‘startle,’ from Anglo-Norman French afrayer (see affray).

Thought I should post here and introduce myself....I've posted a few posts here, but was waiting to have my Valiant in the garage before throwing this out here.

My first Valiant was a '69 Two Hundred six cylinder car. I drove it in the late 80s. Fast forward to today.... I wanted a second classic car. I've always had a soft spot for A bodies, so decided that an A body was going to be the choice as a stablemate to my '57 Plymouth.

I found my Valiant, or rather a friend of mine found the ad over the Christmas holidays and passed the info on to me. My car is a 1974 Valiant Brougham. I sent the seller a deposit over Chistmas and the last week of January, I drove to California, completed the purchase of the car and drove it back to Canada after the car had a few spa days at a Pep Boys location becoming roadworthy.

The car has a lot of options on in in relation to my old 1969 Valiant. It has Power Steering, brakes, A/C, a V8, factory AM/FM radio, and a heck of a lot fancier interior.

The interior of my car is pretty ratty though, so I'll be replacing the carpet, headliner, dashpad, and having the top 1/2 of the back seat recovered at a minimum. There's a few electrical nigilies that I need to deal with as well.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with the car. Body wise, other than a whisky ding in the right front fender, the car is straight and appears to be rust-free. I'm looking forward to getting this car fixed up and on the road.
Welcome! I have a '75 Valiant Brougham (2 door). Is your a 2 door or 4 door? Would love to see some pic.
Woody

Here's s few poorly composed pics.....
WP_20170215_001.jpg
WP_20170215_002.jpg

WP_20170215_004.jpg

Quite the deep pile carpet. I need to replace the whole thing though...carpet in the front of the car is pretty much destroyed

WP_20170215_008.jpg

WP_20170215_007.jpg

Oh yea....there's a pic of the Windshield there....judging from the logo, looks to me to be original glass

-
Back