New Mexican hookups?

-
Howdy everyone.

I know of an excellent restoration shop in Portales, NM. Restorations by Johnny Middleton, (575) 607-5460. Absolutely top-notch work, everything from repaints to rotisserie restorations. Turns out he's a hell of a racecar builder also.

I've known Johnny for 25 years now. He's not happy 'till it's absolutely perfect. The work does not come cheap, but then again concourse-quality work rarely is. Give him a shout if you want your car done right. :thumrigh:

Alright, commercial over. Just thought I'd give everyone in NM and West Texas an FYI.

well im lookinf for a slant six car so i can swap a 340 or a 360 in it. or just a roller will work to. lookinf to spend under $1500. i dont want a slant six motor sorry for the mix up

still looking for a 340 or 360 block. 8 3/4 rear. and 4 speed. might settle for a 727

You ever find the car you were looking for?
SD

Good Morning folks! It's been awhile since posting and used to follow the Montana, NW, and Canadian boards. We are originally from there and NM and have settled back in the Grants/Gallup/Albuquerque area. Thjere seems to be a growing following of Mopar fans and I think the Mopar Nationals should make an appearance in Albuquerque. I own a cherry 70' slant six Dart Swinger that I got from this little old lady (true story). One owner off-white forest green alligator factory vinyl top with two-tone green interior. 48,000 original miles with air conditioning and an automatic. Brand new looking. All the seatbelts including shoulder belts are there. The trunk is awesome. Got the car in MT and hope to complete the purchase of a slant six 69' 2 door hardtop Dart I found up there and haul it back down. The weather is much better for us here, but dry cars can be found in many places still.

I am in Gallup, NM and have found blocks and heads in one placei.e. 383, 400, and 440 blocks

Am assisting a local yard to sell parts (Las Cruces Area)
yard has:

63 Dart GT - was pushbutton slant six auto, car is restorable
68/69 Valiant - four door, perfect front clip, good tail light housings
69 Dart - hardtop shell, good for patches or a rebody, still has Passenger door, hood, and rear and side tinted glass
70-72 Dart hardtop body tub, excellent interior floor and quarters, roof
73/74 Dart - complete car, slant six auto, has disc brakes
also have some Albuquerque parts connections, they have a computerized parts locator for Bernalillo county
Dave
Las Cruces NM
[email protected]

I get to Albuquerque from time to time from Gallup. Can you offer some knowledgable Mopar parts folks there?

I had a bad year in 2011, but this years looking good. I finally got my 72 demon in the paint shop! I'm looking forward to seeing it back in Richard Petty Blue! Does anyone know where I can find some new hood hinges? The guy doing the paint and body work says mine are junk.

I'm here in Roswell...I know a few people that have a corner on the Mopar Market in this area. One guy has a lot of them. PM me with what your looking for or I might connect you to him.
SD

I've gone down through Roswell 3 times since December and have spied a yard on the south end of town heading towards Carlsbad with quite a few old cars in it. Thought I saw a 70's Dart sitting. Anyhow, looking for a straight body Mopar to build a chasis car for the strip. Don't need a wannabe show car or great street car, just a straight car that is mostly intact. Any contacts would be appreciated.

here is my 71 demon
393715_3105936651684_1362320082_33336758_1502034094_n.jpg

its been a few just wanted to see if any one has moved closer to the clovis nm area

Hey...I'm in Roswell. Not too far away. I'm working on a Scamp, which is the oppisite of a Demon. It's a Dart with Duster fenders and hood.
I found a Dana 44 posi from a mail jeep that is narrow and will have to move the rear leafsprings under the frame rails. I have 456 gears to put in it.
I will have to put truck rims on the back though.
I am building a 360 to put in it.
Let me know if you are looking for anything...I can probably find it.
Thomas

Hey...I'm in Roswell. Not too far away. I'm working on a Scamp, which is the oppisite of a Demon. It's a Dart with Duster fenders and hood.
I found a Dana 44 posi from a mail jeep that is narrow and will have to move the rear leafsprings under the frame rails. I have 456 gears to put in it.
I will have to put truck rims on the back though.
I am building a 360 to put in it.
Let me know if you are looking for anything...I can probably find it.
Thomas

That's quite a find. How narrow is that? Your fram rails must be kindred to the 70' Dart as well. I'm looking for a Dana for my 69' and will run a 4spd. Have a 383 to build but am looking for a standard bore 71'-75' 400 block. I've got a line on the ultimate 400 block, but have sprung yet. We like coming down into that country and from time to time I get through due to work. I'm always looking for 4spd stuff, etc.

ok if any one is good with wires for the lights pm me plz i have a demon in my demon when i turn my flashers on both revers lights come on blinking and the runing light is realy dim

I've gone down through Roswell 3 times since December and have spied a yard on the south end of town heading towards Carlsbad with quite a few old cars in it. Thought I saw a 70's Dart sitting. Anyhow, looking for a straight body Mopar to build a chasis car for the strip. Don't need a wannabe show car or great street car, just a straight car that is mostly intact. Any contacts would be appreciated.
Go east on Crossroads off 285(Just before the turn off to Dexter/Yakima rd.)
you will come to a 5 way stop,
cross 'Old Dexter Hwy'. Keep on Crossroads about 150 yards there is an old shop on the right. This guy is Richard Snow. They have several Mopars. Some have already been turned into racecars. A few are 2 dr. post cars. He isn't cheap though and knows what his cars are worth...but has a few that he will let go of and some parts as well. Most cars he has are mid 60's.
SD

I get to Albuquerque from time to time from Gallup. Can you offer some knowledgable Mopar parts folks there?
Hey My wife is Navajo From Lukachukai, AZ. She has a sister in Gallup as well. We get up that way sevral times a year and maintain a home up there in Lukachukai.
SD.

ya mine is a manual trans i dont know how much is difrent on the bracket

Auto or Manual transmission pedal assembly? I have a complete A/T pedal assembly with switch and bracket still installed. PM me if this is what you need.

Guys it would probably be a good idea if you didn't post your phone numbers or e-mail addresses. Have the members PM you. Members aren't the only ones that can read stuff on the site.

I'm not trying to be an a$$ just looking out for you with all the spammers and scam artist out there in the cyber world.

Have a good one!

there is a v-8 70-72 dart two door body with K member and i believe 318 @ a yard in west las cruces - byrds r and m. owner will sell. Owners name is ray madrid. he also has a 60-62 valiant with bucket seats.

Hey, and of ya'll know much about the Red River Show? I know a few rodders that go and love it, but I wondered what showed up in terms of old Mopars:

http://www.amarilloareamopars.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3152

If anyone knows something I'll update the thread and let you know if we've got anyone heading that way...I've wanted to make it in the past, but something always comes up.

Also, we have a few AAMers out of Clovis that hit up the Billy the Kid Days show, anyone else planning to go? I'd like to take the Duster over there, but the 4k at 70 still prevents me from making long trips, lol. Here is the flyer:

http://www.amarilloareamopars.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3173

I'm also seriously considering the show in Rio Rancho...anyone planning on going to it?

-
Back