New Moog k408 UCA bushings question

-

snate66

We're done here...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The new bushing from Rock auto do not resemble the photos and seem to be missing the end "caps" or pressed on washers... did I miss a change in design? Or maybe the wrong parts.
DSCN0673.JPG
DSCN0673.JPG
DSCN0674.JPG

Not sure about the redesign, but I would install the moog k4103 offset bushings instead so you can get better caster numbers for your alignment. Unless of course you're running bias ply's.

Yeah you need the Problem Solvers,

Altho, my thinking is these might work if the fit tightly into the available space, and the channels are not too torn up from previous installs. There are just 3 or 4 tiny injection nubs to help locate that bushing,basically nothing, so torque on the cam-bolt is gonna have to be adequate to hold an alignment. Then, without the washer, the clamp load is much reduced,to just the inner bushing ring; not much area at all.
IMO it wouldn't be worth it to me to install them, cuz if the slip, then you have a do-over, and the alignment guy doesn't work for free.

Last edited:
Some bushing kits come with the "end pieces" separate and you have to install them into the bushing. If they weren't in the box with the bushings it sounds like you didn't get all the components. You need to call and let them know.

That's just Moog , sometimes end caps are in the box, sometimes not. I have their offset bushing, one box with, one without. Maybe you can reuse the caps you have.

That's just Moog , sometimes end caps are in the box, sometimes not. I have their offset bushing, one box with, one without. Maybe you can reuse the caps you have.

Had the PST Polygrafite bushing in and the caps tore off during disassembly (China gold!) No complaints on the ride or durability but will use the XRF control arm bushings now. Keeping the polyG everywhere else, sway bar, rear spring shackles and such.

-
Back