New Mopar Overhaulin

-

321Scamp

Reaction score
I seen the newest Mopar Overhaulin last night. They did a 1967 Cornet 500, and Foose was not the designer, they flip jobs with the guy named Chris that is usually the host. They put a 5.7 fuel injected Hemi in it and painted it that cool deep green that almost looks black with a black painted top.

Here is the Overhaulin link for pic of the car before and after.
Overhaulin 1967 Cornet

Actually it was a rerun and the car in my eyes looked better before than after. But once again, to each his or her own. I'm a fan of his work, but sometimes he does go a bit to far. I'm a bodyman/painter myself 20 + years as well.
Mark

I agree with you about going overboard. They don't need the 17"+ wheels and the 1000s of watts of stereos. Just upgrade the worn out parts and make it a new old Mopar not a FOOSEster.

I like some cars he does but all the Mopars I have seen just dont look right with those 17 or more inch wheels. Some Valiants and Darts do look alright with them but most of the time I like the rubber more then rim. But change the wheels and I would take the after version after an inspection and at least an hour long test drive.

I like the after shot of it, but could lose the wheels. And I think the reason they let Chris do that one is because he is a Mopar fan.

I like the before better. check out those cool Mac tool boxes! toolmanmike

I just don't like seeing a bumble bee stripe on Mopar body styles that never came with them. Nor SS stripes on Mopars either like they did on the Road Runner vert a couple of seasons ago. But if they came after one of mine I wouldn't fuss much either.
Bob

When is the show on these days? It used to be 9:00pm EST on Tuesday but it seems the only thing on Tuesday evening on TLC is the tatoo show.

It looked better before. The only mopar that they did on that show that turned out cool was a Dodge A-100 pick-up! Most of the cars are way over the top!

Loose the wheels for sure but I did like the stripe. I am now considering a stripe like that for my 70 swinger in the future as it is a scat pack car. I thought it looked alright on the coronet but I never like those dub city type rims on mopar muscle, it just doesn't look right.

The before looked better. Kep the old muscle cars as original as possible and leave the weird stuff to the ricers and lowriders

When is the show on these days? It used to be 9:00pm EST on Tuesday but it seems the only thing on Tuesday evening on TLC is the tatoo show.

good question dave.........i think they might be shooting new ones but it should be on thursdays at 7pm, the new turbo tv thing.

wheels he uses makes or breaks the car. I think the car looks good, wheels are a bit much. I made sure to say PAINTED wheels for my dads car lol. big big chromies are too much imo

I remember the episode,the bumble bee had a Anaheim Angel baseball hat on. :sad1:

The owner is a Angel fan.

It's kind of funny,I always tell my wife what I want and dont want if they steel my car. :)

-
Back