New Old Guy

-

PtownDart

Bubba
Reaction score
Hello all,, I just got a 70 Swinger last fall,,,, not my first,,, I had a Lime green one in 1972, when we got married,, and sadly it went away a few years later. This winter, our orange Swinger will get a makeover, to lime green,,, should be done by our 50th anniversary May 13th. I am glad I joined here ,, will have some questions soon. Mopar or No-Car !!!!!!
Dodge Dart 3a.jpg

Dash from Right.jpg

Welcome aboard from:canada:. You've got a beautiful car there, and congrats on 50 years. Lots of great info and helpful folks on FABO:thumbsup:

Welcome to the site, are you sure you want to paint it?
It looks great orange and doesn't look like it needs a paint job.....
But if you are recapturing you youth, go for it!

Welcome to the site, are you sure you want to paint it?
It looks great orange and doesn't look like it needs a paint job.....
But if you are recapturing you youth, go for it!
Yes,, I understand,,, boy do I ,,,it does have some flaws in the paint now,, and if the number to "green-it" was too far out there,, I would have just tuned up the orange,,,,but my Commander approved the cost for the makeover, so my hands were tied. I looked several,several months searching for a Lime Swinger, found one but it had painted bumpers and was an automatic transmission not what we had so,,,,,here we are. Our original Swinger had a black vinyl top, and the black stripe across trunk,,, hopefully will get that done too,,,

Welcome to FABO, 70 Swinger got to love them, got one myself, I like the orange.....

Yes,, I understand,,, boy do I ,,,it does have some flaws in the paint now,, and if the number to "green-it" was too far out there,, I would have just tuned up the orange,,,,but my Commander approved the cost for the makeover, so my hands were tied. I looked several,several months searching for a Lime Swinger, found one but it had painted bumpers and was an automatic transmission not what we had so,,,,,here we are. Our original Swinger had a black vinyl top, and the black stripe across trunk,,, hopefully will get that done too,,,
Well then, make it your own!
I like the black stripe on these cars, so that's a no brainer to me even if you kept the orange color....
Let us in on progress and final result, maybe start a build thread on here.

Well then, make it your own!
I like the black stripe on these cars, so that's a no brainer to me even if you kept the orange color....
Let us in on progress and final result, maybe start a build thread on here.

Well,, small bad news,, my body guy said car would come in, in March,,,ugh,,,, sad,,,,,when we first talked he said this winter,,, really want it back before May 13, my 50 wedding anniversary ,, and May 14, is my birthday......

Well,, small bad news,, my body guy said car would come in, in March,,,ugh,,,, sad,,,,,when we first talked he said this winter,,, really want it back before May 13, my 50 wedding anniversary ,, and May 14, is my birthday......
I can relate to your frustration, what a real piss off.
However, you waited this long, what's another year if the job is done right and not rushed?

-
Back