New owner 1972 Demon

-

She Devil

Work in Progress
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I just wanted to introduce myself. I purchased the 1972 Demon Lildemonkid had for sale on here, and no, I did not spend $9000 on it :)
Those of you who saw the threads on this car know it needs a lot of work and I am planning on doing most of the repairs myself.
I have had had the car for a couple of weeks now and I have already ran into my first batch of unexpected issues. First, the steering was insanely loose. An easy fix, the steering box bolts needed to be tightened. It only took about 6 hours to get the 3 bolts tight, not too bad lol. Next on the list was to get an alignment, only the alignment guy said I would have to replace the control arm bushings before he could do that. I have had the car up on jack stands for almost 2 weeks now fighting the rust and trying to get the bushings replaced. So far, I have managed to get the passenger side upper control arm off. Only took a week! :)
I am also replacing the tie rod ends, ball joints, the one bent tie rod sleeve, cam bolts, and just about every other piece I can while I'm in there.
After this is finished, new front tires, alignment, rear shackles and bushings and, new u-joint.
Then I have to figure out what is leaking out of the car and all over my floor (I swear it looks like urine), then try to figure outwhy the dash lights aren't working at night, fix the stereo (no radio), remount the stereo (cds skip), and a few other odds and ends. Hopefully I will be able to start concentrating on the body repair at that point. I will keep y'all up to date with my progress and I am sure I will have many questions for you through all this. I look forward to hearing your input.
I am not going to try to blow smoke... I am 100% new at all this!!! I am not going to try to act like I know what I am doing, because I don't. Anyway, please be patient with me.

Thanks,
She Devil

Welllllcome aoard and congrads on the acr. Have fun and post up pictures of it.

I have no idea about what car you speak of? But I'm sure you'll enlighten us well.

Welcome to the best darn site out there She Devil :cheers:
We have the best of the best tec's and some great folks to cheer you on :-D
Take a look around at some of our restorations being dun in the restoration thread 8) I find it very helpful
Glad to have you on board with us:happy10:

A link!? That's cheatin! LOL Just kidding, just kidding!

The intal set up looks good for high to mid 12's, traction, tune up etc... dependent. All the raw stuff seems to be there.

Welcome aboard! I remember watching the thread but never chiming in...hopefully you were able to get a deal on this car, especially given the work it needed (needs). It's nice to see it wind up in the hands of someone trying to bring it back to life!

First, I'd like to thank everyone for making me feel welcome. I really appreciate it.

I finally braved the rain (and my laziness) and went out to the garage to snap a few pictures, but before y'all get all excited about getting to see some good "car ****", I gotta warn you, this is more like an automotive snuff film! :banghead:
Demon 1.JPG
This is what she looked like the day I bought her.

Work in Progress.JPG
This is where she's been since then lol

PSQP Rust.JPG
Look at that pretty exhaust..... no... below the big hole in the side of the car :)

Control Arm.JPG
Upper control arm. Not anything special, but after fighting it for a week I am really proud that it isn't still attached to the car lol

Demon Pee.JPG
Demon Pee??? This had been steady leaking from the car for the past 2 weeks. It has no smell and it feels like oily water. Any ideas?

1956 Coronet.JPG
Last but not least...This is the Dodge I was hoping to be working on right now

Demon 1.JPG

Work in Progress.JPG

PSQP Rust.JPG

Control Arm.JPG

Demon Pee.JPG

1956 Coronet.JPG

hey she devil. looks like a project, but not a huge one. i just recently bought a 72 demon also. i m gonna be in the same boat as you pretty soon. and can t wait! i couldn t help but notice that it looks like your new toy has blue buckets in it.? do you know if that s the original interior, or? i ve never seen any demon with a blue bucket seat interior. bench maybe. either way i think that s awesome. i m thinkin about doin my demon in black with flat black stripes, and possibly redoing the black interior to blue. i love the combination and have never seen it in a demon.

oh yeah, as far as the demon pee goes,,,, maybe the floors or some other unseen pocket is holding rain water or something. that would be my only guess. or maybe the car has a small bladder.

Hi evil 340
I don't know what color the interior was originally, but i think it has been redone. i love the black on black color scheme it looks so good!! I've been going back and forth between doing that or going with a gloss black body and having someone paint the stripes on in panther pink. Either way I'd like to redo the interior in black.

Brake fluid? It seems to look like slightly worn fluid.

this is more like an automotive snuff film!
RUT OH! Gonna get scarrrrry in here!

that sounds good. black with pink stripes is definately different. i ll pretend you didnt tell me that though, cause if my wife here s that combination, she might want that. lol

nice car just needs work and he was just a litte high on price. look at the pic,s adweeks posted in wanted section. congrats on your new car

Welcome to FABO She Devil!! Sooo do I dare ask what kind of costume on halloween with that nickname??? As for the demon pee might be the new style engine coolant....isnt it yeller?? Hey maybe someone should pm lildemonkid and askem.

Steve

Oh that one,:toothy10:, I kind of felt sorry for "lildemonkid" who got beat up a little bit at the beginning but hey. Good luck "She Devil" and keep us in the loop on the repair as there is a lot of helping members here and Welcome.

Terry

Yes,there was a pack mentality regarding that car and lildemonkid. Im glad the car has found a good home!

I was going to call lildemon kid to ask him about a few things I have encountered with the car but, honestly, I am a little ill right now about some of the things I am dealing with like the steering box thing, the inoperable radio that he said worked, and the rust-welded suspension that I have been fighting for the last 2 weeks and has kept me from being able to drive the car that I was told would be just fine as a daily driver. :angry5:
I'm going to have to wait till i cool down a bit before making that call lol

she devil, welcome aboard the best site around ,you will have a good time here , a ton of smart people on here ,nice car, ill be watching your progress, keep posting pics

-
Back